Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Tifu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:57 pm

After a long frustrating search for the new CZ (it's now at Exioce 8), several unsuccessful attempts to wing up, getting killed by an angry mob of Crimsom ships and a pretty difficult time taking down anything - I headed back to Azrael and turned my Viper4 into a torpedo ship.

Two torpedoes into an unshielded hull will kill almost anything including my CZ nemesis - the Vulture. Quickly made 2 kills (4 torps total) and with those gone I went ship hunting with Jack using my 2 burst laser turrets. *Nothing* escapes those for long, they can even fire backwards at an angle.

I always said the the Viper4 was miscast as a heavy fighter - it's a torpedo bomber at it's core. And a wing of these would probably cripple that Imperial capship the Crimsoms have.

varbex
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Coragem_Br
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby varbex » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Tifu, the secret on taking on CZs is this, as soon as you get into the CZ, boost away from the pack, pick your side, and pick the lone ships on the outside of the combat zone, and just head in slowly heading towards the green friendlies.

As for me I have been doing the Orulas CG and after it is over later today, I´ll do a round trip getting all my bounty claims including in alliance space, and start doing a few federal missions for federal ranking to get a Federal Dropship, for working on systems that does not have a large pad for the Clipper.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:13 pm

(click for full size)

I joined the premium bask club! :D
Now... there's just one tiiiiiny detail i really need to know. I love the bridge (fit for an emperor and all that), but...

(click for full size)

are these speakers or plate holders? I want to know so I can properly train my slav... I mean... my crew.
ImageImage

bootsam
Expert
Expert
CMDR: bootsam

Postby bootsam » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Its an electronic drum kit.

possedi amabilia fasciculum coconuts

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:31 pm

varbex wrote:Tifu, the secret on taking on CZs is this, as soon as you get into the CZ, boost away from the pack, pick your side, and pick the lone ships on the outside of the combat zone, and just head in slowly heading towards the green friendlies.

As for me I have been doing the Orulas CG and after it is over later today, I´ll do a round trip getting all my bounty claims including in alliance space, and start doing a few federal missions for federal ranking to get a Federal Dropship, for working on systems that does not have a large pad for the Clipper.

Thank you so much for sharing your secrets.

Darwin
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Darwin

Postby Darwin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:41 pm

On the trek to Exoice 8 to find a CZ
“Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time”
CMDR Darwin, Inara profile

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:47 pm

Darwin wrote:On the trek to Exoice 8 to find a CZ

Me too, and I'll be in the war zone after dinner (about 45-60 minutes from now) if anyone wants to wing up.

Jack Dunhill wrote:Well there goes the banana. Cutter spawned right on top of me right in the middle of fighting off lots of smaller ships and blew my thrusters offline and that was the end of my ship :D

On well, even after the loss of 19 million rebuy, i still have made around 50 million profit

That stinks, Jack. Sorry for your loss. :(

Skipp wrote:I joined the premium bask club! :D
Now... there's just one tiiiiiny detail i really need to know. I love the bridge (fit for an emperor and all that), but...

are these speakers or plate holders? I want to know so I can properly train my slav... I mean... my crew.

Congrats, Skipp! The Cutter is awesome; 8-)

In my Cutter they are speakers. I heard that it's part of an upgrade package though. :lol:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Was FuelRat Dispatcher in the early night, and as soon as I took the hat, something like 3 Commanders jumped me asking for fuel ... plus one on emergency oxygen as a bonus, which is always a tricky thing. That's juggling Rats in IRC ...
When I was done and left, no more Ratsignals (calls for fuel) for the Rat replacing me as dispatch for quite some time. One of those days ...

Now on my way to the LHS BH CG, looking what happens there.

PS Also did one more Rattatoon, this time about the beloved griefers.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:52 pm

They can be all sorts I guess I suspect holographic DJ turntables.

Personally I think the cutter is lacking something vital.

Where are the stripper poles ?

On another note i was testing a new toy out in conflict zones namely a FAS. Much nimble and still very tanks hull compared to the corvette.
Currently using two medium PA's and two pulses.
Did loose Shields going toe to toe with a cutter (and almost 50% hull) but not really an issue.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:43 am

Skipp wrote:(click for full size)

I joined the premium bask club! :D

(click for full size)

Those are "holo" pads for your live action pron :P

Return to “General Discussion”