Ironclad
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Kevin Renner
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Recommendations for headset for E:D

Postby Ironclad » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:02 pm

So...
Seems like typing hello's doesn't work in E:D...To this day i only got 1 responce. Shame on you all :P
Can someone recommend a good BUDGET (up to 100$ or the pound/euro equivalent) headset?
So far i've seen SteelSeries Siberia V2 and the Razar Kraken series. the Roccat Kave are also available here and are also in my price range.
Thx
I have…seen things you people wouldn't believe…Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those…moments…will be lost in time, like tears…in...rain. Time…to die…

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze

Re: Recommendations for headset for E:D

Postby Commiekaze » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:17 pm

I was never a fan of headsets as the mics tend to break easily. I always ran DJ or heavy duty high end headphones and a separate mic. With that said, I recently had an amazing deal on a Kingston Hyper-X Cloud. It was $70 Canadian, so about $60 American. This is without a doubt the most "sturdy" and by far the most comfortable pair of over-the-ear headphones I have ever worn. The mic is detachable so if it ever has issues I can still use a separate mic. The audio is clear and the bass is fairly light and not overbearing.

Smaller "cups" don't fit my ears but these are perfect. I would highly recommend these to anyone, and this is coming from someone who spends considerable money on audiophile equipment like Shure, AKG, Audio Technica, Grado and so on that we use elsewhere around the house or on the go.

When I first read the extremely positive reviews, my reaction was "Wtf, Kingston makes headsets? Ew." But I am sold. I am a believer. For the price, it is an amazing deal and a great product. And Im not even getting paid for this shout out!

http://www.kingston.com/en/hyperx/cloud

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-gaming-headsets/#page-2
Last edited by Commiekaze on Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DustKart
Competent
Competent
CMDR: DustKart

Postby DustKart » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie

Postby Artie » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:29 pm

I am using Koss SB-45, price something around $30-40. I am having it around two years, used pretty often with no failure or broken parts. It's not the best and most robust headset on market, but for that price not bad deal. Microphone is good and clear, sound is not bad in this price level (just a little bit heavier with the basses) and are light and comfortable enough. I can recommend these.

Ironclad
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Kevin Renner

Postby Ironclad » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Thx.
Sadly the hyperx is very exspensive here. way over the 100$ limit.
I have…seen things you people wouldn't believe…Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those…moments…will be lost in time, like tears…in...rain. Time…to die…

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Well I have these......

http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-a ... blackshark

Because I was playing DCS A10C and KA51 before Elite came along.....

Bit big.....But nice sound......Mic is good too..........

Actually bought in the states when I was there on holiday last year....Not sure how much I paid .....

I can tell ya the Mrs was not impressed though..........

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

DustKart
Competent
Competent
CMDR: DustKart

Postby DustKart » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Well, if the HyperX are out of range then I had the Steel Series Siberia v2 (which I passed down to my youngest) and they were/still are excellent.
:D

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:36 am

Agree with DustKart, I still have the SteelSeries Siberia, excellent set of phones, though I bought a new set of Corsair phones as it was easier to attach the IRTracker to them.

Varge
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Varge

Postby Varge » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:40 pm

I just purchased myself the G35 headset from Logitech.. the Price is mid range and looks to be holding enough perks to be good enough. I consider Surrpund sound to be a nice perk in a game like this.
Paid 700 NOK for it and seeing as the cource is around 7, that should be around your 100$. so google that if you haven't already landed on a purchase :)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:07 pm

I've been using a Creative Fatal1ty for a few years and for the price (£24.50 on Amazon) I'm still happy with it.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “Hardware and Technical”