thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Recommended MINIMUM specs for Elite: Dangerous VR revealed

Postby thebs » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:00 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:
thebs wrote:With nVidia basically saying only the Titan for the new architecture will make its appearance on most shelves this year (very late consumer product line arrival), I finally forked over US$500 to upgrade to a GTX 980 Ti 6GiB. Was hoping to try it with my GTX 970 4GiB, but decided I had read enough.

GTX980Ti is one sweet card, but it doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room from the recommended minimum spec.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that 4 consumer versions (GTX) should be ready for release around June, so I'm hoping your intel is wrong on this matter... :)
I've read that a lot ... but more and more recent outlets were clarifying 4 consumer products will hit in 2016, starting with the Titan only in June. We'll see.

EDIT 1: And it's now into my circa 2014 (Haswell) portable Mini-ITX "rectangle" ...

EDIT 2: Never saw anything below 114-184fps, but I'm sure Elite and its OpenGL v3 planet rendering would stress it even more.

CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Hardware and Technical”