Off the wall ?

Community Support for the machines running the game
Black Rose

Off the wall ?

Postby Black Rose » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:47 am

Ok this has nothing at to do with ED, its actually an issue I've run into with Xcom 2. I am totally perplexed at what would do this. I posted on Steam and got no response and posted on the 2K forums and again no response, at all. There isn't even a tech problems thread over at 2K, none that I found anyway.

So given the huge knowledge pool that is here I figured I'd ask.

Typing Backwards is not normal!
My only problem seems pretty strange and I experienced it in Xcom Enemy Within now again in Xcom 2 I am sure this is not an intended feature, or is it?

I bring up the window to type in a soldier's new name. The name that is already there is Steve Hicks for example. I can't put the curser at the end of the name and press the back space. The curser automatically moves to the start of the name. Ok so no big deal with that, the weird part is I can't type in Penny Bouchard, just like that. If I do, the name comes out backwards! In order for the name to appear correctly, it has to be typed in as drahcuoB ynneP!

This very unusual bug also appears when trying to name a saved game slot. Now typing a name can be done backwards but doing a bio starting at the end is pretty lame.

Thank you

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Off the wall ?

Postby Mobius » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:12 am

don't suppose you have ins (insert) key enabled.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:54 am

Still the insert button doesn't make you type backwards, but lets you type over whats there..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:15 am

The game is a non working waste of time, so if any of you planned to get it, don't.

My system is:
i7 Devil's Canyon CPU running at 4 ghz
16 gb if 2466 mhz memory
nVidia GTX 970 with 4 gb of vid ram
Asus Deluze Motherboard

I get frame jitter, stuttering music, mouse pointer gets stuck on the screen and the initial screen resolution was 1368 x 760! My native screen resolution wasn't even listed. Then on the 2nd load of the game my screen resolution was listed. The jitter effect stopped so I went ahead and started to play it. Did the 1st mission, all the mission stats appeared, back to base cinematic then it dumps me to a static screen with menu options to go to the various points in the base, except every menu choice doesn't work.

The Steam forums are more intense on the way it runs way more than the intensity over the initial Horizons update. Personally, as much as I love Xcom, I am getting rid of it. I sent a refund request to Steam.

I got the Horizons seasons pass instead and will more than likely get Tom Clancy's The Division.

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:59 am

Black Rose wrote:The game is a non working waste of time, so if any of you planned to get it, don't.

My system is:
i7 Devil's Canyon CPU running at 4 ghz
16 gb if 2466 mhz memory
nVidia GTX 970 with 4 gb of vid ram
Asus Deluze Motherboard

I get frame jitter, stuttering music, mouse pointer gets stuck on the screen and the initial screen resolution was 1368 x 760! My native screen resolution wasn't even listed. Then on the 2nd load of the game my screen resolution was listed. The jitter effect stopped so I went ahead and started to play it. Did the 1st mission, all the mission stats appeared, back to base cinematic then it dumps me to a static screen with menu options to go to the various points in the base, except every menu choice doesn't work.

The Steam forums are more intense on the way it runs way more than the intensity over the initial Horizons update. Personally, as much as I love Xcom, I am getting rid of it. I sent a refund request to Steam.

I got the Horizons seasons pass instead and will more than likely get Tom Clancy's The Division.

Do like I did and start another game of Xcom EU Long War. It will make you happy again

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:50 am

I'll probably do that.

Steam gave me a full refund but it won't clear for 7 days they said. How come when a company, any company takes our money its "instant" but to give it back, it takes a week?

I tried to play Horizons and in Steam I get a window that asks if I want to play ED, the original, Horizons or Steam VR. So I chose Horizons and I get a new window that tell me to click the "copy" button which will copy the key to my clipboard, then click redeem which takes me to the FD page. I then type in my name and password and log into my account and then click "redeem" the spinny thing does its thing and I get a message that that I redeemed successfully. yay. Now I click play Horizons on Steam and I get a window that says I have to redeem my code. Endless loop. I put in a ticket with FD and while I was waiting for that to complete a message popped up on the tech support page at FD saying "Steam Horizon users cannot log in, we are working on what is wrong" Blah

I have over 400 games on Steam and I've never had to go through this nonsense just to log on, never mind getting them to work. lol

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:45 am

Black Rose wrote:I'll probably do that.

Steam gave me a full refund but it won't clear for 7 days they said. How come when a company, any company takes our money its "instant" but to give it back, it takes a week?

Bank interests. They make your money work for them during a week.

Can’t help about the steam issue, sorry. But you should know that once you’ve linked your ED account with Steam, Steam will get 30% on everything ED related you buy (even a skin from Frontier’s store).
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Nethaufer
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nethaufer

Postby Nethaufer » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:54 pm

Flip wrote:
Black Rose wrote:I'll probably do that.

Bank interests. They make your money work for them during a week.

Can’t help about the steam issue, sorry. But you should know that once you’ve linked your ED account with Steam, Steam will get 30% on everything ED related you buy (even a skin from Frontier’s store).

Main reason why I haven't activated it on Steam so far.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”