Digga
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Digga
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

New Win10 X52 and X52 pro drivers and software

Postby Digga » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Hello Commanders,

I know there are some out there using the X52/X52 pro on Windows 10.

I just happen to be checking if there is a new release since the last beta I installed (which after upgrading to win10, the beta was an improvement on the older drivers) and yes, there is a new release today.

Check it out here X52 Win10 and here X52 Pro Win10

They have both 32bit and 64bit, although I expect no one is interested in 32bit after the horizons will be 64bit only announcement.

Fly Safe.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: New Win10 X52 and X52 pro drivers and software

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:46 pm

The beta drivers are working fine for me in Win 10 64bit. I haven't heard anything about new drivers coming out.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Digga
Competent
Competent

Re: RE: Re: New Win10 X52 and X52 pro drivers and software

Postby Digga » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:45 pm

JohnLuke wrote:The beta drivers are working fine for me in Win 10 64bit. I haven't heard anything about new drivers coming out.

The links I posted above are links to new beta drivers released today.
Check out the version numbers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

HazCat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: HazCat

Postby HazCat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:05 am

Thanks - this is one of the items I'm waiting to see stabilize before I shift to Win10. Appreciate the heads up that there's a new beta - and, JohnLuke, that the betas are working for you already.
Nullum bonum opus impunita :evil: “No good dead goes unpunished.”

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: RE: Re: New Win10 X52 and X52 pro drivers and software

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 am

Digga wrote:The links I posted above are links to new beta drivers released today.
Check out the version numbers.

Oops... my bad. :oops: I didn't fully comprehend your message.

Glad to hear that there are new drivers. I may try them if the older betas start giving me trouble. They are working fine right now and I have function from all of the buttons (which I know is a problem for a few users) so I'll probably leave the drivers as-is.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: RIGAMORTIS

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:55 pm

I updated my PC to WIN10 while I'm on break healing up from a blood clot in the leg. I had 32-bit driver's installed for the X52 PRO and tried to follow the bloody instructions from Mad catz. I downloaded the beta driver's for WIN10 64-bit and then removed the 32-bit drivers. Unplugged the device and shutdown. Rebooted and plugged it back in and Windows loaded a different driver. I tried manually installing the downloaded driver and the blasted machine won't do it. Any help appreciated.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:05 pm

RIGAMORTIS wrote:I updated my PC to WIN10 while I'm on break healing up from a blood clot in the leg. I had 32-bit driver's installed for the X52 PRO and tried to follow the bloody instructions from Mad catz. I downloaded the beta driver's for WIN10 64-bit and then removed the 32-bit drivers. Unplugged the device and shutdown. Rebooted and plugged it back in and Windows loaded a different driver. I tried manually installing the downloaded driver and the blasted machine won't do it. Any help appreciated.

That doesn't make any sense, which drivers to install is determined by your operating system, if you have 32 bit Windows you install 32bit drivers, similarly install 64 bit drivers for 64 bit Windows.

Also keep in mind that 32bit Windows cannot run 64bit programs while the opposite is true.

If I misunderstood something I apologize, for example if you completely formatted your PC and installed 64 bit Windows.

Digga
Competent
Competent

Postby Digga » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:56 am

Try uninstalling the windows driver and any other related software, unplug, reboot, start the driver install and wait for it to tell you when to plug in the x52 pro.

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:40 am

Doesn't make sense to me either, but I upgraded from WIN8 to WIN10. After the upgrade I checked the driver and it is from 15 FEB 2008 and 32-bit version 6.2.2.0. I'd read there was a BETA WIN10 driver on the Mad Catz driver support site and downloaded it. Could not get the OS to install it.

The stick is working, I logged into the game and took off in the training server with a full pre-flight checklist completed. How it will function once I have horizons installed is unknown.

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 am

Ok, got the 64-bit driver installed now. Hopefully there will be no further issues.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”