Community Support for the machines running the game
Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Head Tracking

Postby Loriath » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Just got the go ahead to order an ED Tracker for my birthday. I checked with them on how much lead time I need to order it to get it here for my birthday.

I am sad to report they have lots in stock and that shipping should take max 7 days, so I of course explained to the wifey dearest that with the christmas rush and Royal mail delivery being slow to Switzerland, I just have to order one tomorrow to get it in time.

Then when it shows early I can say "Wow! Didn't expect that. Can I open it?" :)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Gorf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:56 pm

Can these things be zeroed in any orientation, or do they have a built-in XYZ axis relative to the board?

I'm wondering if one could be attached to the side of the headphones rather than the top.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:14 am

Documentation says it must be top mounted, screw side up. Sideways is not supported.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:30 am

Loriath wrote:Documentation says it must be top mounted, screw side up. Sideways is not supported.

The earlier version (non-magneto) could be side mounted, you could tell it which way round it was in the GUI. I think that's the Arduino 6150 rather than the 9150 board.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

MrGuarnere
Novice
Novice
CMDR: MrGuarnere

Postby MrGuarnere » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:14 am

captain easy wrote:
MrGuarnere wrote:Just placed my order for the ED Tracker Pro (http://www.edtracker.org.uk/index.php/s ... racker-pro)

Hope it will work as well as I've seen it on YouTube. Will let you guys know how I get on. At quarter of the price of TrackIR its worth giving it a go :)

I will be looking forward to your future report on the ED Tracker Pro. I purchased the TrackIr5 Pro and couldn't be happier with it.

However, I have had a few friends show interest in the TrackIr until I tell them what it costs. It would be nice to have one to recommend that doesn't break the bank to buy it.

Will do. The unit has been shipped now so should be here tomorrow hopefully and I'll try and get it setup this week.

captain easy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: captun easy

Postby captain easy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:53 am

... that's were you wife attaches the solar panel to get you all charged up :)

Or...you could say you were assimilated and it's a borg implant. :lol:

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:39 pm

captain easy wrote:... that's were you wife attaches the solar panel to get you all charged up :)

Or...you could say you were assimilated and it's a borg implant. :lol:

Or That.

~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

MrGuarnere
Novice
Novice

Postby MrGuarnere » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:15 pm

So the tiny package arrived today, I ordered their USB cable also. The strap on the right is a velcro one I had already that I will be using to mount it on the headset. I plugged it into the work laptop and seems to works alright.

Will give it a go tonight when I get home and get ED calibrated with it.

Here is a pic: http://puu.sh/l94OJ/571b07705f.jpg

MrGuarnere
Novice
Novice

Postby MrGuarnere » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:24 am

captain easy wrote:
MrGuarnere wrote:Just placed my order for the ED Tracker Pro (http://www.edtracker.org.uk/index.php/s ... racker-pro)

Hope it will work as well as I've seen it on YouTube. Will let you guys know how I get on. At quarter of the price of TrackIR its worth giving it a go :)

I will be looking forward to your future report on the ED Tracker Pro. I purchased the TrackIr5 Pro and couldn't be happier with it.

However, I have had a few friends show interest in the TrackIr until I tell them what it costs. It would be nice to have one to recommend that doesn't break the bank to buy it.

Got it set up last night. After about 15min of tinkering I got it the way I like it and went out for a quick flight. Initially it was very weird but after few minutes I got used to it. It tracks very nicely and smoothly (all depends on your settings). I am yet to try it in combat and CQC to give it a proper test but I would definitely say if you want head tracking this is a great alternative to TrackIR.

The only downside to it is the extra cable that you now need to run to your PC. The one they supply you with is 2m long which is enough in most cases. I will take a pic later today of how I setup my headset with it. Essentially its all on velcro straps so nothing is permanent.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:04 am

MrGuarnere wrote:
Got it set up last night. After about 15min of tinkering I got it the way I like it and went out for a quick flight. Initially it was very weird but after few minutes I got used to it. It tracks very nicely and smoothly (all depends on your settings). I am yet to try it in combat and CQC to give it a proper test but I would definitely say if you want head tracking this is a great alternative to TrackIR.

The only downside to it is the extra cable that you now need to run to your PC. The one they supply you with is 2m long which is enough in most cases. I will take a pic later today of how I setup my headset with it. Essentially its all on velcro straps so nothing is permanent.

Are you running it Raw in ED or through Opentrack?
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Return to “Hardware and Technical”