Novice
Novice
CMDR: Broc "Badger" McGregor
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

CTD "corrupt file - anti-virus protection may need to reinstall"

Postby BrocMcGregor » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:41 am

Or something like that.

basically it crashed once during warp

then I tried a couple more times, turning on and off AVG and things of that nature, couldn't even get past the initial loading screen. My new cobra would tease me, spinning in her holographic glory... then CRASH. :cry:

My last name is Murphy. I'm not surprised by this happening. But dang it! :(

Now here's the funny thing, I sent it to Frontier's support thingy, with a ticket. Now, I can't sign into their support thing. I wanted to sign in just to copy and paste the exact wording so y'all would know exactly what it said, but that's the jist of it.

I've googled and noticed this isn't something unheard of. I know for a fact it isn't my hardware. I had 90FPS when it went down, and let's just say my system is quite capable. According to MSI Afterburner, everything is operating fine. Just to double check, I actually took a break and installed SWTOR. The game crashed at 830PM or thereabouts. I went to install SWTOR, it's already done. And not that 20% able to play, I mean DONE. And that game runs fine.

I have
3.2ghz i7
24GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 560 Ti

and it's liquid cooled.

only thing I can remotely think of as a "bottleneck" would be the GPU... but for something like this I doubt it. I mean, it was running, in a crowded starport at 45fps earlier tonight.

so, I deleted the AppData files, started downloading the game again, painfully, from scratch.

My system is up-to-date, my drivers are up-to-date. I know this because I just installed a fresh Windows 7 Operating system not four days ago. about 600 updates later, everything is good, and I was finally able to think everything was going to be okay.

Then it crashed.

here's hoping the reinstall works. If not, any ideas? I'm not going to lie, that installer is freaking painful. And because of OS switches and this crash, this is the third time installing the game this week.
one of ElitePVE's "Turbulent ChildrenTM"

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Re: CTD "corrupt file - anti-virus protection may need to reinstall"

Postby AndyB » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:07 am

reinstalling the game is not needed, instead log in and go to options then click 'validate game files', you will see the download bar moving just like if you were reinstalling but a lot faster as the files are scanned but only those that have been corrupted will be downloaded and replaced.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

BrocMcGregor
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Broc "Badger" McGregor

Postby BrocMcGregor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:16 am

AndyB wrote:reinstalling the game is not needed, instead log in and go to options then click 'validate game files', you will see the download bar moving just like if you were reinstalling but a lot faster as the files are scanned but only those that have been corrupted will be downloaded and replaced.

see this ^^ this is why I love this group! :D Honestly this is the first I heard of this. I checked Reddit, the frontier forums, all over. I basically gave up, saw everyone recommended "reinstall" on those, so I just did that. Good news: it works fine again.

BETTER NEWS: we now have this as reference hopefully if/when it happens again for someone. Thanks for the heads up!
one of ElitePVE's "Turbulent ChildrenTM"

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:11 am

AndyB wrote:reinstalling the game is not needed, instead log in and go to options then click 'validate game files', you will see the download bar moving just like if you were reinstalling but a lot faster as the files are scanned but only those that have been corrupted will be downloaded and replaced.

Where's the "add REP" button??? Great info AndyB! 8-)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:06 pm

wow, and there was me thinking this knowledge was so common it had 6 kids and lived on a council estate ;)

glad to be of help :D
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Return to “Hardware and Technical”