Time for a new flight stick... X52 Pro or X-55 Rhino???

Community Support for the machines running the game
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Time for a new flight stick... X52 Pro or X-55 Rhino???

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:29 pm

It takes time......A lot of time.....

Took me weeks....If not months to get it the way I liked.....

I have a warthog......Still not perfect after months......

But I dare not change anything as muscle memory is there now......

Changed a few things after a few months and it did not end well.....So changed em back......

I just suggest taking a lot of time thinking about layout and ease of use....Most used/less used etc.......

Position of boost and FA off buttons.......

Just a note.......I do not have jettison all cargo mapped......That hurt......

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mouse » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:55 pm

ouch on the jettison all cargo. I had looked at some profiles yet everyone I tried really messed things up for me >.<
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Xerxryn
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Xerxryn

Postby Xerxryn » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:43 am

I'm torn between both HOTAS systems, Love the X55 thruster control with all those toggle switches and the X52 looks on the stick. Price is not an issue since I've found a place which sells them both for only a £5 difference. Also the x55 does not have a duel stage trigger like the x52 (which may not a be too much of an issue) and the size issue the x55 has. Might go for the x52 since the stick is adjustable but love the toggle switches lol. sigh.

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Xerxryn wrote:I'm torn between both HOTAS systems, Love the X55 thruster control with all those toggle switches and the X52 looks on the stick. Price is not an issue since I've found a place which sells them both for only a £5 difference. Also the x55 does not have a duel stage trigger like the x52 (which may not a be too much of an issue) and the size issue the x55 has. Might go for the x52 since the stick is adjustable but love the toggle switches lol. sigh.

I want to say that the x55 does have a duel stage Trigger. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't firing when I pulled the trigger and gave it a little more pressure and suddenly I was firing. I haven't tried to set the trigger to 2 different funtions yet though. Yes the X55 is bigger.. I kinda missed that when researching. I did like on the x52 that you could adjust the rest on the stick, but I am liking the ability with the x55 of being able to adjust the spring tension.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Mine doesn't have a dual stage trigger!

About its size, have a look at that. He 3D prints them in different sizes and I bought him one via eBay. I'm very happy with it.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:28 pm

No dual stage trigger on my X-55 either.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:03 pm

I guess I just needed to press a little bit harder on the trigger

Mouse
Master
Master

Postby Mouse » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:51 pm

I find I need to find someway to get it to stick to the desk I keep finding the the sticks slide to much even wiht their rubber feet

Xerxryn
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Xerxryn

Postby Xerxryn » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:42 pm

Well I have decided to go for the X52 pro. Sigh wish there was more choice. Any way my decision was based more on the profile switching which on the pro is on the stick which can be changed with out any problem and not taking my hand of the stick or thrusters and also it has a space ship look :). Which comes another question. I was planning on making at least two profiles one for combat and one for normal flight.

So I am guessing that in combat profile I have a button as chaff launcher then in flight profile I can have the same button as landing gear. If any x52 pro users can confirm this. Take care.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:55 am

Xerxryn wrote:<<snipped>>Which comes another question. I was planning on making at least two profiles one for combat and one for normal flight.

So I am guessing that in combat profile I have a button as chaff launcher then in flight profile I can have the same button as landing gear. If any x52 pro users can confirm this. Take care.

I **LOVE** my X-52 Pro. :D

I believe that in order to take advantage of the 3 profiles, you'll have to install the software that comes with the HOTAS. I had nothing but trouble with that software, to the point of Windows not even booting up. It was God awful. I spent a good hour or more removing that crap from my PC and getting things back to normal. YMMV. BTW, I am running Windows 7 64bit.

I use the Windows game controller 'software' to turn off the choke, and dim the illumination. Everything else is configured through E-D. I am making use of every button and thumbwheel, except the mouse. (it works but it's much more awkward than using the mouse that is 4" away.)

You may find some helpful X-52 info in this thread, and on page 3 I explained my experience with Saitek software.

With all of that said.... I **LOVE** my X-52 (as mentioned above)! It is a fantastic piece of machinery, and does everything that I had hoped for and more. BTW, the thumbwheels on the throttle stick can be used for simple 'on-off' switches or proportional control. For example, I use the slider for boost, the top thumbwheel (surrounding button E) for reverse engine toggle, and the lower thumbwheel (at button i) to toggle headlock. You can put 4 'on-off' controls on the two thumbwheels if you want to. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “Hardware and Technical”