Community Support for the machines running the game
Jace Faolan
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Jace Faolan
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

TARGET software?

Postby Jace Faolan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:21 am

Just got my Warthog in the mail today, I know that I've got to install the TARGET software and I've heard mixed things about it on the frontier forums. Anyone have a Thrustmaster Warthog and have experience with TARGET? I heard that you can assign different things with the 'shift' button through target and that way you could bind a button to play a playlist so you don't have to minimize the game. That sounds pretty neat and useful, but is there anything else with TARGET that's good to know? If that's really the only thing I really wouldn't mind just docking someplace and minimizing to start the playlist.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: TARGET software?

Postby de Carabas » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:29 am

I have no experience of the TARGET software but the actions you mention can be done in other ways. The game will support the 'shift' function directly in bindings so it doesn't need to be done in external software. Also for firing up commands outside the game you could do that using VoiceAttack (not sure about the free application being developed by a member on the main forum).
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

Caliclo
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Caliclo

Postby Caliclo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:17 pm

I use TARGET, but based my script off of someone else's and changed it a little to better fit me. It is a nice program, but it is very intimidating at the same time. I still have not completely wrapped my head around it myself.

Glen Fiddik
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Glen Fiddik

Postby Glen Fiddik » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:45 pm

You can bind any button on the keyboard using Target so if you can bind the playlist to say F1 etc then all you need to do is assign the button you want to press to F1. Dont forget that you will need to run the saved profile in the Target GUI.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:04 pm

I have a warthog....Don't use target at all.....

Just bound the buttons/switches in game....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “Hardware and Technical”