Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: GPU comparison chart

Postby Gorf » Tue May 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Emanon wrote:
Gorf wrote:I'm currently running an AMD 6700 HD in my rig. It's a bit old now, but it was £120 when I got it. I think it's the bottleneck in my system, as it's running at 100% on medium settings. I'm pegged at 60fps by choice, but in a RES I'm getting down to 45fps and in station 30fps.

My CPU never goes over 30%.

Is there a definitive table or some other way to compare entry-level GPUs with the 6700? I can't justify £120 on a replacement, but it might be that the current crop of entry-level cards are better than this thing despite their price.

Gorf,

PM me if you are interested in the Radeon 7950, its not a bad card, just mid-ranged now and I took the plunge for the Nvidia 970 because of a nice sale over the holidays. But this could work in a pinch if you are saving up for a higher end card. I'd sell it to you for the cost of the shipping, whatever that is from Virginia USA to your location.

Many thanks for the offer, Emanon. To be fair - there are way more worthy causes than me: I can't justify it because I'm married, not because there's no money. :cry:

Still, I'll remember the spirit of the offer and if I do manage to balance my CPU and GPU load, my current GPU will go to a worthy cause.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”