Community Support for the machines running the game
Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

T.Flight Hotas X problems

Postby Hengest » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Well the number 5 button on my Hotas stopped working so I contacted Amazon and within a couple of days they sent me a replacement. I still have the old one sitting here waiting to go back.

Now I am finding that the new one also has a problem. Was working fine last night and not been touched since, however I noticed it was acting oddly on launching and once outside the station I found my ship constantly diving to the right, as if I was pushing forward on the stick with a slight right yaw.

I have to pull back slightly on the stick and twist to the the left slightly to maintain the ship level.

Is this a calibration issue or another faulty Hotas?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Re: T.Flight Hotas X problems

Postby Flip » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Sounds like a calibration issue to me. That being said, I'm using a X-55, so what do I know...
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:25 pm

And make sure there are no other devices are plugged in. I was having trouble with menus with my hotas but realized my gamepad was also plugged in and something was up against it.
CMDR Emanon

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:19 am

Flip wrote:Sounds like a calibration issue to me.

ditto, it does.

that's another reason i shelved my HOTAS X and bought a Hall-effect stick instead, no pots to wear out or go wonky. never needs calibrating.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:47 am

Hengest wrote:Well the number 5 button on my Hotas stopped working so I contacted Amazon and within a couple of days they sent me a replacement. I still have the old one sitting here waiting to go back.

Now I am finding that the new one also has a problem. Was working fine last night and not been touched since, however I noticed it was acting oddly on launching and once outside the station I found my ship constantly diving to the right, as if I was pushing forward on the stick with a slight right yaw.

I have to pull back slightly on the stick and twist to the the left slightly to maintain the ship level.

Is this a calibration issue or another faulty Hotas?

Not necessarily. Here are two possibilites:

1 If it happens again:
- press ESC which should take you to the menu.
- IF: you are taken to your desktop and not the menu THEN: press ALT+TAB to get back into the game. Nine times out of ten this restores control. I've been trying to get this sorted since early beta, but I think it must be a rarity - possibly confined to the T-Flight and not E:D.
- IF: you are taken to the menu and can return to the game THEN: this is probably not the problem.

2 When my T-Flight was new, there was nothing I could do to stop one of the analogue controls acting as if it were digital. This included doing a stick reset with the Mapping and Preset buttons. After a few emails with Thrustmaster, they pointed me to one of their programs that does a thorough reset. This was the cure.

Hengest
Novice
Novice

Postby Hengest » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I dug out the manual and it said I could reset the stick to factory settings by holding down the mapping and preset buttons on the side. I did this and everything went back to normal.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Hengest wrote:Thanks for the responses guys. I dug out the manual and it said I could reset the stick to factory settings by holding down the mapping and preset buttons on the side. I did this and everything went back to normal.

Interesting. Did you do that in-game?

Hengest
Novice
Novice

Postby Hengest » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:47 pm

Yes I did. I loaded the game as I wanted to see if the fault was still present and it was, so whilst nose-diving to the right outside a station I did the rest and all returned to normal.

Bam
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bam

Postby Bam » Tue May 12, 2015 3:04 pm

I had to send my T.Flight Hotas back to Amazon too, the same button packed up on mine.
The second one has worked fine for the last 2 months.

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Tue May 12, 2015 6:29 pm

I've had my T Flight since Alpha and never had any issues with it. Solid piece of kit for the money. I do lust after the x52 pro though. One day...

Return to “Hardware and Technical”