Community Support for the machines running the game
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Joystick Dying - Needs Replacing

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:08 pm

So I ordered the Logitech. While I was waiting for it, my Saitek loosened up a bit so I didn't feel the need to instantly replace it when the Logitech arrived. Then last night the trigger return spring on the Saitek broke. I'm going to reconfigure my key bindings again and test out the Logitech tonight. Out of the box it has a really good feel to it. The weighted base means it is going to stick where I put it, unlike the Saitek that moved every which way. And the Logitech has a 3-year warranty. It looks & feels like a quality product.
It's time to give this another go.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:00 pm

I bought E:D and a Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X for my son, but he never really got into either.

I broke the Saitek I've been using for more than a decade when in a scrap with an anaconda (pulling the trigger harder to make my shots come out quicker a)doesn't work and b) snaps the trigger).
So I'm using the T.Flight now, and don't really like it. The stick is too small for my hands, and several buttons are in useless places. And it moves about a lot. It feels much cheaper than the stick it replaced, but to be fair, it's not broken yet despite its inept user.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:09 am

Did anyone see OnePercent's ground to shit X52 in the news letter? A joystick shouldn't wear out like that after 2-3 months. Hopefully he can get a new one under warranty.

After two days the Logitech is working very well. It has zero dead zones, so after being heavy handed with my Saitek for a couple weeks I had a problem with over correcting. I programmed a minimal dead zone in key bindings and it is working like a champ. If I regain a light touch, I may be to remove those for faster & finer targeting.

One thing I wasn't expecting was that by changing hardware my custom key bindings were wiped. It took an hour to get that all figured out again, so fair warning.
It's time to give this another go.

Raze
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rhaze

Postby Raze » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:20 am

I had a hell of a time finding a joystick when I bought ED, no where withing 1000KM sells them in store here so I had to order one off Amazon... Got a Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X, it's a pretty good unit but after a week it started squeaking when I push forward on it. Still works fine but annoying as hell sometimes. Also when I put a firm grip on it I can feel the plastic casing of the joystick popping slightly. All in all it's a good unit, not sure if I would buy another joystick if this one broke or if I would go back to M+KB
Flying with: Thrustmaster HOTAS X
Using: ASTRA and D.A.R.K from Elite Dangerous Voicepack for total immersion.