Community Support for the machines running the game
Bent Onside
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Bent Onside
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

New supersampling option in ED

Postby Bent Onside » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Does anyone know if the supersampling option is connected to antialiasing transparency in nvidia cp (multisample, off, supersampling)

Usually its 2x, 4x, 8x in cp but ed has some more options and frankly on my gtx 970 anything above 1x produces some freaky slowdowns.

Tbh I did not notice any perceptive difference above 1x

so :S

Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax

Re: New supersampling option in ED

Postby Antmax » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:15 am

Hmm. I noticed a huge difference. After trying everythingon my 970. DSR, custom res, SweetFX etc. For a while I was using 1440p on my 1080p monitor with sweetfx SSAO. No matter what I always got nasty spartkly specular pixels in the hangar, especially for horizontal beams etc.

Tried the in game Supersampling on my 1440 custom res and it was killing my GPU, tried 1x in the beta and 1.5 in the 1.1 release. Put my res down to native 1080p with 2x SS and never looked back. The difference is huge. All the wireframes look smooth thin like they are 1 pixel. Hardly any sparkly pixels anywhere, it looks almost gem like and well defined compared to anything before.

Only bad thing is inside station and hangar it's abit slow. But outside I get solid 60FPS. It feels like a much higher res monitor. No AA no sweetfx, no DSR just the games one 2xSS in native 1080p

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:45 am

I'm doing the same but only x1.5 SS because with x2 SS I'm down to 15 fps inside hangar ( I have an older HD 7870 2Go GPU )
I tried before with Catalyst Center settings, as I do with most other games but never got anything really good.
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

NewYears1978
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NewYears1978

Postby NewYears1978 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:56 pm

It looks incredible 2x or greater, but the FPS hit is just not worth it. I can pull okay FPS out in space but get in heavy combat or station landing and it severely drops.

Shame because it looks VERY nice. Can get similar effect with downsampling nVidia..but there are FPS hits there too.

Return to “Hardware and Technical”