Let's see your gaming contraption....

Community Support for the machines running the game
GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Let's see your gaming contraption....

Postby GlobusDiablo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:34 pm

Caliclo wrote:.... it never ends lol.

Very nice! I like your speaker setup with the 2 back speakers mounted right by your ears! Must be very immersive. :)

Next step, Oculus, and you'll be falling out of your chair. :D

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:28 pm

New addition to cockpit........

tabholder.jpg
tabholder.jpg (247.86 KiB) Viewed 2421 times

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Somerled
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Somerled

Postby Somerled » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:26 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:New addition to cockpit........

Very nice! never knew you could get such a thing - is there an ED use for it?

BTW. I'm intrigued buy the wallet next to your joystick. Is that where you keep all your moths? :twisted:

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:25 pm

I use it to run powergrid or a trading proggy........

That's not a wallet....That's my phone.....

Moths !!!!! That's rich coming from a fecking Jock.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:07 pm

Why buy an expensive headphone stand.......

headstand.jpg
headstand.jpg (255.29 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

When a £5 mug tree will do.............

;)

Blooper01
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Angelitsa Frell
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Blooper01 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:14 pm

Some nice looking setups here. I play the game with keyboard and mouse (I know, how? right). I am actually very good at landing and flying now.

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:23 am

Blooper01 wrote:Some nice looking setups here. I play the game with keyboard and mouse (I know, how? right). I am actually very good at landing and flying now.

Don't feel bad. I was so eager to play that I started with mouse/kb, and still use mouse/kb, even after my HOTAS finally arrived. I'm just.... comfortable with it. haha. I may finally relent and relearn everything with the HOTAS, but... I can't say I am in a huge rush.

Crisp_89
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Crisp_89

Postby Crisp_89 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:14 am

Malphator wrote:
Blooper01 wrote:Some nice looking setups here. I play the game with keyboard and mouse (I know, how? right). I am actually very good at landing and flying now.

Don't feel bad. I was so eager to play that I started with mouse/kb, and still use mouse/kb, even after my HOTAS finally arrived. I'm just.... comfortable with it. haha. I may finally relent and relearn everything with the HOTAS, but... I can't say I am in a huge rush.

Haha yeah I just got my HOTAS joystick in the mail today. Pretty much spent the entire evening reconfiguring my keybindings and re-educating myself on basic flight/landing. A big change from my 360 controller, but the level of control I now have makes me wish I had made the switch sooner.
CMDR Crisp_89
Asp Explorer: LX-52A "Excalibur"
Combat: Expert | Trade: Merchant | Exploration: Pathfinder

CMDR Navin
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Kodiack

Postby CMDR Navin » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Crisp_89 wrote:
Malphator wrote:

Haha yeah I just got my HOTAS joystick in the mail today. Pretty much spent the entire evening reconfiguring my keybindings and re-educating myself on basic flight/landing. A big change from my 360 controller, but the level of control I now have makes me wish I had made the switch sooner.

I'm like you guy I've been playing on my laptop with mouse and keyboard even though my wife got me an X-55 Rhino for Xmas, and I built this to use it with

I'll get it up and running sooner or later but comfortable with my mouse and key setup for the moment. To affraid to screw up badly using my HOTAS lol :P

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:29 pm

CMDR Navin wrote:I'm like you guy I've been playing on my laptop with mouse and keyboard even though my wife got me an X-55 Rhino for Xmas, and I built this to use it with

I'll get it up and running sooner or later but comfortable with my mouse and key setup for the moment. To affraid to screw up badly using my HOTAS lol :P

Looks good so far! I'm rather intrigued to see the final product!

As for still using mouse/kb ... I think a big part of it is just me being lazy. Or overworked. Mixture of the two. I'd like to have a good few days in a row to just sit and play around in the sims with the T.Flight, but so far work isn't playing nice like that. :P
One of these days... One of these days.

Mouse/kb really isn't so bad once you put pitch and roll on the kb, and tweak the mouse settings so that it will always go back to center instead of dragging your mouse all over the desk. ;)

Return to “Hardware and Technical”