Competent
Competent
CMDR: MarrV
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Ship and credits gone

Postby MarrV » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Commiekaze wrote:
Artie wrote:
Commiekaze wrote:A few members here as well as a bunch of players in general used this as an exploit to make millions in a few minutes. Im pretty disappointed by this, especially that our players did it knowing full well what was happening. There seems to be noone at FD and perhaps noone will be there for some time so while there may be a rollback, there probably won't be one. So disappointed in some people here.

I think FD is able to detect this type of exploiting and can confiscate their credits, so they probably won't be "happy" for long. But it's unworthy behavior without any doubts...

FS is on vacation. I dont think they will be wiping anyone. They have given no indication of this. I left TS and told them not to screw with it but they did it quite knowingly. Some made an insane amount. Some a bit. Either way, I'll likely not be sticking around here after this. This is the same as when people sold their ship parts in gamma to get millions.

If people are purposely exploiting an issue to make money they are screwing the game over for just themselves as the is no player to player interaction really.

Am disappointed enough to request we name & shame (But do not do it!) those who exploited it. But ruining their own game just makes their game worse.

I have been avoiding TS for a while due to this sort of behaviour just makes me not want to be part of a group :-(

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze

Postby Commiekaze » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:55 pm

MarrV wrote:If people are purposely exploiting an issue to make money they are screwing the game over for just themselves as the is no player to player interaction really.

Am disappointed enough to request we name & shame (But do not do it!) those who exploited it. But ruining their own game just makes their game worse.

I have been avoiding TS for a while due to this sort of behaviour just makes me not want to be part of a group :-(

I feel ya, man!

I got told to shut the fuck up and stop being butt hurt just now on teamspeak by a few of the abusers and then told to be quiet by a TS admin because I brough it up to them (while discussing the latest announcement), so I left. A heated discussion is one thing but to be repeatedly told to sht the fuck up and that I have a bad attitude is a little much. Yeah Im sour about this, yeha i've brought it up probably too many time, but cmon. That was a bit far to be tolerated.

Anyway, Im done with that place. I wont post the names of people who did it but to them its ok because they submitted bug reports. I just dont see it that way but to each his own. I've been playing solo for a while anyway since the influx of new players so nothing really changes for me.

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:49 pm

So um... I'm a bit confused... What has all this have to do with my bug when i lost a ship and my credits? :shock:
ImageImage

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent

Postby Commiekaze » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Skipp wrote:So um... I'm a bit confused... What has all this have to do with my bug when i lost a ship and my credits? :shock:

This is likely all part of the same database error they experienced. There is a post by FD staff on the official forums saying people who lost credits will get them back plus 20% or something along those lines for your troubles. Submit a ticket and send them comments. They should be back in the office Monday.

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent

Postby Commiekaze » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:45 pm

According to the post, people are starting to get their credits and progress fixed now. They may be doing this manually so it may take some time.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=90626&page=5&p=1425751&viewfull=1#post1425751

MarrV
Competent
Competent

Postby MarrV » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Skipp wrote:So um... I'm a bit confused... What has all this have to do with my bug when i lost a ship and my credits? :shock:

Aye the bug works both ways, some people loose ships/credits others keep theirs even when the sell stuff. Basically a database issue as commie said.

Was still mostly on topic :P

Skipp
Master
Master
CMDR: Skipp Doe

Postby Skipp » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Oh... now i get it. Well, like I said - I just crashed my "new" sidewinder into a station, got the option to rebuy and everything was back as normal.

But I see how this can be a huge exploit.
ImageImage

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent

Postby Commiekaze » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:46 am

Skipp wrote:Oh... now i get it. Well, like I said - I just crashed my "new" sidewinder into a station, got the option to rebuy and everything was back as normal.

But I see how this can be a huge exploit.

Official word on this issue, it should be fixed for everyone now it seems: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92233&p=1437939&viewfull=1#post1437939

MarrV
Competent
Competent

Postby MarrV » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:46 am

Here is to hoping the roll backs work - i hate exploting a game, especially if you then boast about your new ship/stuff. If you feel the need to exploit/cheat dont rub other peoples faces in it please (afaik not OP, just adding it on here)

Glad to know they are also taking it seriously on the race to elite thingy

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent

Postby Commiekaze » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:31 am

MarrV wrote:Here is to hoping the roll backs work - i hate exploting a game, especially if you then boast about your new ship/stuff. If you feel the need to exploit/cheat dont rub other peoples faces in it please (afaik not OP, just adding it on here)

Glad to know they are also taking it seriously on the race to elite thingy

The rubbing it in is what really gets me lol. But yeah lets see what happens. The elite race is a good call, they needed to clarify that.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”