Where to buy higher-ranked weapons for fighters?

Community Support for the game and it's features
noname159
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Samantha
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Where to buy higher-ranked weapons for fighters?

Postby noname159 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:32 am

I am flying Cobra and so far, I traveled over two hundred lightyears in searching for good Cobra equip.
I can tell Cerno is good system to buy equipment, but it still has only low-ranked weapons. I am trying hard to get good gimballed lasers and multicannons, I have read better ranked ones have good tracking which I seriously need. I am trying to move "down" to Empire / Federation borders to continue bounty hunting, but I really need good weapons.
If you are responding, please write as many good systems as you know, so there are some choices. I bet many people could use this help.

Akulla
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Akulla

Re: Where to buy higher-ranked weapons for fighters?

Postby Akulla » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:26 pm

I've been working out of MAC OG, its a anarchy system, nestled in between a couple fed and imp systems, MAC OG has a full size station available along with some very nice gear if you can afford it, the local fed and imp systems are pretty decent too.

Vandemar
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vandemar

Postby Vandemar » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:53 am

Bixby in G 139-21 and Vasyutin in Rasalhague have a ton of high end fighter parts. I am not 100% on the weapons, but they definitely have A level for class 1, 2 and 3 for just about everything else.

MigBorgetto
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Miguel Borges

Postby MigBorgetto » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:19 am

noname159 wrote:I am flying Cobra and so far, I traveled over two hundred lightyears in searching for good Cobra equip.
I can tell Cerno is good system to buy equipment, but it still has only low-ranked weapons. I am trying hard to get good gimballed lasers and multicannons, I have read better ranked ones have good tracking which I seriously need. I am trying to move "down" to Empire / Federation borders to continue bounty hunting, but I really need good weapons.
If you are responding, please write as many good systems as you know, so there are some choices. I bet many people could use this help.

Yep i'm one of those people nice topic. I'll try some of the advices given here

Krystyn
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Eilir Vailyn

Postby Krystyn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:09 pm

I picked up some nice module upgrades in Bixby: G 139-21, but no really good weapons. If anyone can suggest a high tech system with good weapons - specifically I really like pulse lasers, but can't find anything better than around F 2 - that would be super.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:23 am

Multi-Cannons
F1 Fixed 9,500CR
G1 Gimbal 19,250CR
E2 Fixed 38,000CR
F2 Gimbal 57,000

Beam Laser
E1 Fixed 37,430CR
E1 Gimbal 74,650CR
D2 Fixed 299,520
D2 Gimbal 500,600

These are the only multi-cannons and beam lasers that I've seen. Are there higher rated versions of these out there (fixed or gimballed only)? All I ever see with higher ratings are low capacity weapons like fragment cannons and etc. I keep looking, but am I just wasting my time?

Thanks.
It's time to give this another go.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:19 pm

There is a common misperception in new players that there are 'better' weapons, there are not. One small multi-cannon is the same as all small multi-cannons, the rating varied with size and mounting only. In beta there used to be variants or different weapons, but these were removed.

So, if you have a size one gimballed multi-cannon, you already have the best size one gimballed multi-cannon that money can buy, lookin for better is wasting your time.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks Feldspar. I kept hearing one thing and seeing another. It would be nice if Frontier would document some of this stuff. Maybe it's because they used to offer them, then took them away, that is causing the confusion. At least now I can stop wasting my time. Thanks again. :)
It's time to give this another go.

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Am I right in assuming that if you have better Sensors the gimballed weapons perform more accuretly?

I am sure I read that somewhere, or I may have been drunk :P

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:40 pm

Jockgit64 wrote:Am I right in assuming that if you have better Sensors the gimballed weapons perform more accuretly?

I am sure I read that somewhere, or I may have been drunk :P

I think we read it in the same place! 'Course, I still don't know the actual answer...

Return to “Gameplay and Features”