Community Support for the game and it's features
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Err....Fings have changed.....

Heavens above I'm being interdicted......Got pulled out once and done a runner.....Bloody master anaconda.....

Also some systems I was friendly with.......Now I am not and I can't work out why.....Even done a rep mission for one and nothing changed in the influence stats...........

I'll show you some piccys...........

Allied to this faction.......

allied.jpg
allied.jpg (38.14 KiB) Viewed 2873 times

Yet neutral to this one with higher stats.....This is one that I was friendly with......

neutral.jpg
neutral.jpg (41.79 KiB) Viewed 2873 times

I don't know what's wrong.............

Also went to launch at one outpost and before I had done anything I skidded forward and got wedged under the ramp......I could not do anything....Could not even save and exit.......

Oh and another thing whilst I'm ranting....Please make the destination markers a diff colour when they are BEHIND planets......Twice tonight they have been the same colour as infront........Lucky I realised a 3000 odd Ls journey must take me beyond this huge rock that I see.........

And twice the docking comp has bought me in sideways on a platform..........

:D

*Edit*

Giving up........

Markets and missions have gone to shite..........

4 hours and 73000 made..........Bad day.....

Which matches the shit real life day I've had today............

Synchronicity at it's finest................

:(

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: 1.03.......

Postby Flip » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Takes a bunch of rep missions to restore a damage reputation!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:39 pm

But no idea how I could have damaged it...........

I have not aborted or timed out on any mission for that system.......

Only made me look because nothing was green in there.....When it was yesterday..........

And I was interdicted by what I thought was a friendly faction...........And as it happens it's the one I'm top with......

Weird..............

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:05 pm

What the hell have they done to the game now!!!

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:09 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
allied.jpg

I wonder if someone can clarify something related to this for me. I'd taken the influence numbers to mean the amount of 'controlling interest' that the faction has in the system and don't relate to the standing of the player with that faction? If that's the case, how do you see your status with each faction?

Sorry for a sideways related post.

Somerled
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Somerled

Postby Somerled » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:40 am

I seem to have had the opposite happen to me.

All the systems I've been green with I still am - but - I'm now green with a whole pile more. Including my favourite bounty hunting spot in an Anarchy system with no cops whatsoever. Now even some of the wanted NPC's are green to me :roll:

I docked into a station in this system last night, repaired and sold some "stolen" cargo on the black market, left the station and it turned green :shock:

Did my handing in of the bounties run (Empire then Alliance and back to Federation) and noticed that just about every system I jumped into there were NPC's that were green to me.

I've not really been paying much attention to the rep system, seems to me it needs a bit of tweeking still :twisted:

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Neillm wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:
allied.jpg

I wonder if someone can clarify something related to this for me. I'd taken the influence numbers to mean the amount of 'controlling interest' that the faction has in the system and don't relate to the standing of the player with that faction? If that's the case, how do you see your status with each faction?

Sorry for a sideways related post.

Ahhhhh...Interesting.....

I had not thought of it like that.....

So could the percentage value be what you say........The factions influence within the system.........And the progress bar your rep with that faction ?

I'll have to keep an eye on the bar and the numbers the more missions I do.......

Unless someone knows for definite that is............

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit

Postby Jockgit64 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Reputation does seem to be a bit Borked, the recent campaign at Lugh proved that it still needs work.

I have also noticed that the Navigation "Plot Course" is a bit FUBAR.

I have a Cobra that can do 12LY fully loaded, but the Routes that the Galaxy Map give me are crazy, one wanted me to Jump 4 times when I worked out myself I could do it in 2. The extra 2 Jumps were just not needed, I checked to make sure I had Fastest Route selected and not Economical, so be wary when using it on Long Hauls, check where it is taking you and periodically look at the list of locations that you can jump to in the System tab, it's always possible to skip one or 2 out.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Neillm wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:
The attachment allied.jpg is no longer available

I wonder if someone can clarify something related to this for me. I'd taken the influence numbers to mean the amount of 'controlling interest' that the faction has in the system and don't relate to the standing of the player with that faction?

Yes, I think you're right. I've been fighting for Mastopolos Mining Inc in the last couple of days, in their civil war against the Liberals of Sorbago. So I think there's no chance my influence with the liberals is the same as my influence with Mastopolos:

Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 17.45.11.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 17.45.11.png (270.52 KiB) Viewed 2794 times

But it'd make sense that the influence of both these factions are equal.

If that's the case, how do you see your status with each faction?

I believe it's this screen:

Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 17.45.30.png
Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 17.45.30.png (266.08 KiB) Viewed 2794 times

Here, as expected, it shows that my relation with Mastopolos is friendly and my relation with the liberals is unfriendly.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit

Postby Jockgit64 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Hey Flip, i have been doing the exact same thing as you, in the same system, I would have thought there would start to be a swing in the balance of power, but I am not entirelly sure how we influence it.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”