Community Support for the game and it's features
Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Joe Techno
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Super Long Passenger Missions

Postby Hossyman » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:00 pm

I agree with ED not being just about making money. My question was why waste 30 hours to make 10 mil when it can usually be done in 1. And to answer a question about making 10 mil an hour. If you are an Ally, have a good rep in your mission areas, have ships correctly outfitted for the type mission you are want, and maximize the mission stacks, it is pretty easy to do. However, the last PATCH, like most do, lowered many of the missions payouts. They will have to be built back up. Before that, I had several missions in the 2 to 5 mil range, that were all 50 LY or less. If you cannot make at least 10 mil an hour out with that payout, something is wrong.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Walter » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:10 pm

FD have really screwed up the economic modelling. 2-5m for a 50Ly trip - two jumps in an engineered ship? - is ludicrously over-priced.

It's possible to get missions from Colonia to Bubble 1 that pay out large amounts for carrying goods that are readily and cheaply available in the target region. Coals to Newcastle makes no sense at all.

Too many demands for instant results have not had a beneficial effect on the game.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:46 pm

From the A-Team....

https://youtu.be/Jj8CJ5I2R5Q

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS

Postby KRRONOSS » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:08 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:From the A-Team....

https://youtu.be/Jj8CJ5I2R5Q

That comes across as derisive, condescending and a little belligerent. We don't need to become the Frontier Forums here and tell others how to enjoy the game or what the game is or isn't - personal enjoyment comes in many forms. What one individual finds enjoyable another may not. OP makes a valid point in his/her observation.

Surely we're better than that here and can engage in constructive dialogue...
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:13 am

KRRONOSS wrote:That comes across as derisive, condescending and a little belligerent. We don't need to become the Frontier Forums here and tell others how to enjoy the game or what the game is or isn't - personal enjoyment comes in many forms. What one individual finds enjoyable another may not. OP makes a valid point in his/her observation.

Surely we're better than that here and can engage in constructive dialogue...

Obviously you're not Familiar with the A-Team. We are not normal, and unless otherwise specified, are not to be taken seriously. If you take offence at our humour, I can't help that. But what I can do is be the best A-Team Member I can be and make sure that WE don't take anything seriously.

We do everything wrong. <-- Our Motto. But we do it OUR way. This game is all about the fun. Not being the ultra-uber multi-billionaire space captain.

Your Mileage may vary.

Oh, and have a FANTASTIC DAY! We will be over here doing it wrong. :P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS

Postby KRRONOSS » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:10 am

Loriath wrote:Obviously you're not Familiar with the A-Team. We are not normal, and unless otherwise specified, are not to be taken seriously. If you take offence at our humour, I can't help that. But what I can do is be the best A-Team Member I can be and make sure that WE don't take anything seriously.

We do everything wrong. <-- Our Motto. But we do it OUR way. This game is all about the fun. Not being the ultra-uber multi-billionaire space captain.

Your Mileage may vary.

Oh, and have a FANTASTIC DAY! We will be over here doing it wrong. :P
[/quote]

I'm not and I dont think I need to be. Even saying "this game is all about the fun. Not being the ultra-uber multi-billionaire space captain." implies that there is something wrong with enjoying trading/making credits. Justifying seemingly poor behavior by apportioning the offence to the other party doesn't excuse it in my book.

Having fun, adopting a laid back approach and being courteous whilst doing it are not unrelated. I would never deem to tell others how to enjoy themselves (it's none of my business for a start) or even what constitutes enjoyment and what doesn't, it's all relative to the individual but i do feel we're all part of the same, greater team and that we should be kind, courteous and civil to each other (or else we may as well just be SDC...). Having said that, I don't wish to offend you and can see that your intentions where perhaps jovial and in the right place.

Fly safe.
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:33 am

KRRONOSS wrote:
I'm not and I dont think I need to be. Even saying "this game is all about the fun. Not being the ultra-uber multi-billionaire space captain." implies that there is something wrong with enjoying trading/making credits. Justifying seemingly poor behavior by apportioning the offence to the other party doesn't excuse it in my book.

Fly safe.

I have ground credits, farmed the boards, and done it all. All of the A-Team has. We have also spent 3 months doing nothing but picking up canisters on planets, so I can comfortably say there is nothing wrong with anything people do in game (Except kill other players for lolz).

The point is that we don't take things seriously. If an offence was taken when none was meant and none was explicitly said ('twas just a video with a dorky lyric"), then maybe it was misconstrued.

No Matter. The A-Team is who we are. We are not to be taken seriously, and if anyone ever does then we have failed. Miserably.

Fly Safe Cmdr. And if you can't, Fly Dangerous (Ripped off from Lave Radio Podcast, sue me :P )
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Loriath wrote:
KRRONOSS wrote:

Fly safe.

I have ground credits, farmed the boards, and done it all. All of the A-Team has. We have also spent 3 months doing nothing but picking up canisters on planets, so I can comfortably say there is nothing wrong with anything people do in game (Except kill other players for lolz).

The point is that we don't take things seriously. If an offence was taken when none was meant and none was explicitly said ('twas just a video with a dorky lyric"), then maybe it was misconstrued.

No Matter. The A-Team is who we are. We are not to be taken seriously, and if anyone ever does then we have failed. Miserably.

Fly Safe Cmdr. And if you can't, Fly Dangerous (Ripped off from Lave Radio Podcast, sue me :P )

Well so far, one us needs to kill something every 38 seconds, and one flies with a kangaroo (most likely imaginary) for a co-pilot.

That's without considering the heavy drinking, swearing, and posting of various marital aids in the chat.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:44 pm

It should probably be called the Eh? Team.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Walter wrote:It should probably be called the Eh? Team.

If we were spelling it phonetically, yes. :P
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

Return to “Gameplay and Features”