KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Ranking Question

Postby KRRONOSS » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi CMDRs

I know that if I am at 100% rank and keep completing missions my rank % will continue to increase (in the background) but what if I am at 100% (say Chief Petty Officer), dont take a naval rank mission and keep doing missions past the next 100% increase (Warrant Officer), will I keep going and be able to rank consecutively through a few ranks (Warrant Officer, Ensign etc) at once when i decide to take the naval ranking missions or can i only go to current rank 100% +1, if that makes sense??
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

damienvaldes
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Damien Valdes

Re: Ranking Question

Postby damienvaldes » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:49 pm

You would get a visit from this guy.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (97.2 KiB) Viewed 2867 times

KRRONOSS wrote:Hi CMDRs

I know that if I am at 100% rank and keep completing missions my rank % will continue to increase (in the background) but what if I am at 100% (say Chief Petty Officer), dont take a naval rank mission and keep doing missions past the next 100% increase (Warrant Officer), will I keep going and be able to rank consecutively through a few ranks (Warrant Officer, Ensign etc) at once when i decide to take the naval ranking missions or can i only go to current rank 100% +1, if that makes sense??
Never Fly what you can't Rebuy...

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:05 pm

I believe the actual progression is locked to the mission in question.

Saye you are a cadet with 100%. You will see a lot of missions for rank but they all give the recruitment as the rank reward.

I also think the game will only spawn mission rewarding the next rank up.

But if you enough points the game should just spawn another mission for the next rank.
But the board would have to cycle after you have finished the first rank mission.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:22 pm

Not certain I do know that I've read if your at 100% and not seeing Naval Mission your really not at 100% because it rounds up not down so your seeing 100% but are 99.6%. When you see naval mission your there. I have passed on many Naval missions at 100% Viscount when I accepted the next promotion level Count Naval Mission I was at 33%, so it does transfer credit points . Will it stack all the way to 100% is an interesting question.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Liberty Prime
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Liberty Prime

Postby Liberty Prime » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:58 pm

This just happened to me. Was 100% on a low Imperial rank for a while before I did the Naval mission. Completed the mission and was immediately 100% in the new rank. Had to grab an additional Naval mission for that promotion. Finished that one and found I was already 30% into the next level.

AJH
Competent
Competent
CMDR: AJH
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby AJH » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:14 pm

I can confirm that it works just fine. I had this happen for about 3 ranks in a row because I didn't know how to find rank up missions when I first started playing. You will do one rank up mission and then get the next available. If memory serves, I believe you had to get a new mission after finishing the first, but it was immediately available in my case.

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS

Postby KRRONOSS » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 pm

That's great feedback, thx guys.

The reason I'm not taking them isn't because I can't find them, it's because I'm at 17 Draconis and the missions that spawn are similar to CEOS/SOTHIS (just not as prevalent/numerous) & want me to smuggle (usually slaves, offering about 2-4Mill) about 350-400 LY & I'm in my Python & want to stay at 17 D for a bit. So, if I can keep accruing % towards new ranks, without having to actually rank up, I'll continue to stay out there for a bit.

Thx CMDRs. o7
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”