HOTAS set up & SRV

Community Support for the game and it's features
smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: HOTAS set up & SRV

Postby smartroad » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:13 am

de Carabas wrote:Isn't that the link above from Roger Wilco Jr? https://www.mcdee.net/elite/

:oops: That it is :D I missed a couple of posts reading through it seems :lol:
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

KRRONOSS
Competent
Competent
CMDR: KRRONOSS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby KRRONOSS » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:11 am

TorTorden wrote:
KRRONOSS wrote:EDIT - so it's pointless buying more than one buggy? Does this mean it's also pointless have a bay that holds more than one (for now)??

Depends how far you are going and how careful you want to be.

Personally if I go exploring (by which I mean I probably wouldn't see a station for the next 10 000++ ly's, I bring at least 4, maybe 6 if I can (depending on ship to of course) but if you are puttering around in the bubble then no, anything more than a single buggy is probably superflous.

Why is this? If the buggy gets repaired automatically when it enters the ship and/or it just puts you back into the cockpit of the ship in orbit when buggy is destroyed (and presumably the buggy is repaired as it too goes back into the ship) why require more than one? Or is it the case that if the buggy is destroyed, you go back to ship but that buggy is still destroyed and needs to be re-bought at a station, in which case you require another if you cant get to a station (as is the case if you're exploring far from the bubble)?
Astronomy compels the soul to look upward, and leads us from this world to another.

Plato, The Republic, 342 BCE.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Once a buggy has gone......It's gone....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Turret = headlook (seriously need it)

Postby thebs » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:45 pm

The one thing I don't understand why we cannot have the option to turret sync'd to the headlook/HMD view/center. Even if it has to "catch up" (cannot move as fast as our heads), seriously ... it needs to happen.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Re: Turret = headlook (seriously need it)

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:50 pm

thebs wrote:The one thing I don't understand why we cannot have the option to turret sync'd to the headlook/HMD view/center. Even if it has to "catch up" (cannot move as fast as our heads), seriously ... it needs to happen.

That would be sweet.

Even better: be able to use headlook/tracking in turret mode, but have the turret track optionally. That would also make it a lot easier to drive while in the turret. And you can be looking around, and then press a button (toggle or hold) and have the turret point where you are looking. I think I'd like that better than having the turret constantly tracking my head movements, especially if it was lagging.
It's time to give this another go.

GaidinBDJ
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: GaidinBDJ

Postby GaidinBDJ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:20 am

On my Thrustmaster, button 5 is my "thruster mod" button. With that pressed, the hat does forward/backward/left/right and the rocker on the throttle does up and down. I've ended up putting a couple other engine/thrust commands on that same button. Like B5+B8 is FSD to supercruise.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Re: Turret = headlook (seriously need it)

Postby smartroad » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:44 am

thebs wrote:The one thing I don't understand why we cannot have the option to turret sync'd to the headlook/HMD view/center. Even if it has to "catch up" (cannot move as fast as our heads), seriously ... it needs to happen.

If you had posted this on the main forum whats the betting you would got a response "Why not ask for a win/kill button?" :lol:
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Postby thebs » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:42 am

GaidinBDJ wrote:On my Thrustmaster, button 5 is my "thruster mod" button. With that pressed, the hat does forward/backward/left/right and the rocker on the throttle does up and down. I've ended up putting a couple other engine/thrust commands on that same button. Like B5+B8 is FSD to supercruise.

Is this the Thrustmaster HOTAS-X? If so, that's what I used to use as well, and had so mapped, albeit slightly differently. With the X-55/X-56, I now use the Throttle entirely.

smartroad wrote:

If you had posted this on the main forum whats the betting you would got a response "Why not ask for a win/kill button?" :lol:

Indeed. Although I still have the forum to thank for getting the leader of the 13th Legion to not only admit his recent transgressions, but totally mis-state, and try to "pick'n choose" from, the EULA, especially after he was a party to the February-March EULA clarifications by Frontier.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Return to “Gameplay and Features”