Iron5ight
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Iron5ight
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Black Box Missions

Postby Iron5ight » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi all,

It turned out there were five missions at my current station to retrieve black boxes and all from a nearby system. So I go to that system and check every Signal Source I can find. Nothing.

So far I've had pirates, federation convoys, destroyed ships with random components and a rescue fleet inspecting a large vessel that apparently exploded from within (no survivors).

So where are these black boxes then? Am I to keep supercruising around checking them until I get lucky or is there something I can do to force the mission onward.

Thanks.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Re: Black Box Missions

Postby Cometborne » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:35 pm

In theory, honking the system or scanning or the nav beacon should generate the specific USS you need.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:07 pm

With any of the scavenging in space missions the method is this:

1) Sound your discover scanner or drop into the beacon and scan that. This will update your mission(s) to tell you which bodies they are near. 2) Travel so that you are in the vicinity if the body in question (it will appear in name at the bottom of the display panel on the bottom left of your dashboard).
3) Wait until your computer says "Mission critical signal discovered" (or something close to that). A USS with blue text will be available to select on your navigation pane (and out in space).
4) Drop into this and scoop up the goodies. Don't worry if you cock it up and destroy something you need, the USS will respawn if you still need cargo. Watch out for ships entering the area, don't be afraid to grab and run.
5) Once you have the required amount of cargo you will get a mission update message and then you can go and turn it in.
6) Profit.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Thanks, I missed the scanning part.

Edit: Found my black box. Can't hand in the mission at the target station. I hoped that this would have been fixed in the last patch but no.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Check that you have cargo space to collect any rewards, this seems to be catching everyone out at the moment. Also, it might not be to hand in to the person at the top of the list.

BaseKillerWolf
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: BaseKillerWolf

Postby BaseKillerWolf » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:26 pm

You may also want to check if your delivery point got moved. You'll usually get an inbox message saying "Please drop it off at [insert nearby system/station here]" instead of where you received the mission. These messages usually get sent once you pick up your objective, and from what I've seen, you usually get bonus compensation out of it.

anikaiful
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mir Fnar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby anikaiful » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:41 pm

BaseKillerWolf wrote:You may also want to check if your delivery point got moved. You'll usually get an inbox message saying "Please drop it off at [insert nearby system/station here]" instead of where you received the mission.

That particular part threw me off the loop couple times before I got used to the fact that missions may/will use inbox for further instructions.

Iron5ight
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Iron5ight

Postby Iron5ight » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:02 am

Thanks for the help all, I popped my scanner and the mission updates went crazy.

That's all I had to do. Heh.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”