Ticky
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Horace in Space
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Problems Scanning

Postby Ticky » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:09 pm

Myrm wrote:Hi.

Is anybody else having proplems scanning since the past hour?

I've been scanning some planets and since the last hour when they finish scanning no details of the planet comes up. I get a corrupted data message come up and it scans again. And again. And again. One planet just took for attempts to scan properly.

I get this occasionally, usually due to network isssues. I usually just quit, reboot my router and start again,

anikaiful
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Mir Fnar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby anikaiful » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Ticky wrote:I get this occasionally, usually due to network isssues. I usually just quit, reboot my router and start again,

Rebooting the router is a bit overkill... most often these scan errors are simply server-side hickups, and whether you reboot the router or not hasn't much (=usually nothing) to do with it getting fixed. At least that's how it's for me - I have many things using the net while I play (more than one computer, too, at that... a dedicated web and games server amongst other things), and while scan errors occur, there's no network errors nor slowdowns - it's so far been solely fault of FD's own stuff (or rather, Amazon's).

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:02 am

I suppose it depends on your network issues. I pay for the cheapest internet speed I think I can get away with for ED and Netflix, which is a 15 Mbit connection. But every time I turn around they throttle my speed down to 3 Mbit. I haven't noticed this being a problem with ED, but I know how to fix a grainy screen with Netfilx. ;)

Now, if I had a 3Mbit connection that was being throttled down to 500kbit, then maybe that would be an issue for ED.
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”