Unexpected Little Things in Engineers

Community Support for the game and it's features
Myrm

Unexpected Little Things in Engineers

Postby Myrm » Sat May 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi

What are the little surprises you were not expecting when you installed the Engineers update? I don't mean big features that you knew were coming, but rather the little surprises.

For me it was the radio chatter near stations, the tyre tracks left by the SRV and the surface of Mercury looks more detailed. It actually looks rocky now. :)
Last edited by Myrm on Sat May 28, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Unexpected Little Things in Engineers

Postby Cometborne » Sat May 28, 2016 12:20 pm

For me, it is that the security status of a system actually means something now. Before, you could do detailed scans of all planets and moons in a populated anarchy system and maybe got interdicted once. Now, you will get interdicted lots of times.

And in systems with medium and high security, you now actually get a security force response if you are attacked. Just got interdicted by a competent DBE in a medium security system, and two security ships (Viper MK III and Viper MK IV) were there within a minute.

Oh, and I absolutely love the new USS.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat May 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Well, I was expecting the tire tracks and ATC comms. What surprised me was the actual fireworks show of the new weapons, how the cops really get close to the bad guys, the little icons on the sensors that I don't know what they mean, and the revamped station interiors - the high tech ones look like they are made of glass and I'm not so sure it's an improvement. ;)

I've only managed a couple hours since the release as I'm too busy spring cleaning for holiday guests.
It's time to give this another go.

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Sat May 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Mission updates that I actually approve of, I've had money increases if I can get it there faster (when you are already on approach this is kind of funky) and an offer of 40,000 cr for blowing away anyone who interdicts me (but no-one did).

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sat May 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Donation missions can now have bigger numbers on them, I'm looking at a donation of 575,000 cr. I think I'll pass..
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

damienvaldes
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Damien Valdes

Postby damienvaldes » Sat May 28, 2016 2:31 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Donation missions can now have bigger numbers on them, I'm looking at a donation of 575,000 cr. I think I'll pass..

Along with that, the mission payouts increased, but the faction from them decreased. So, earning more money, give it back for faction.
Never Fly what you can't Rebuy...

Icpmcp
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Icpmcp

Postby Icpmcp » Sat May 28, 2016 7:14 pm

That a mostly harmless npc can get rid of my condas shields(a rated + boosted by 4 a rated boosters) in under 5 seconds.

With that I will now quit this game.

Have fun and don't get killed.

I swear to god the whole Dark Souls trilogy and Hyper Light Drifter are easier than these bs npcs we have now

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Back to Fallout 4

Postby thebs » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Icpmcp wrote:That a mostly harmless npc can get rid of my condas shields(a rated + boosted by 4 a rated boosters) in under 5 seconds.
With that I will now quit this game.
Have fun and don't get killed.
Basically why I haven't booted for days now. I'm waiting for the "all clear." Shield Cells are now useless, even if you hit them, with chaff, the very first time you're hit.

Icpmcp wrote:I swear to god the whole Dark Souls trilogy and Hyper Light Drifter are easier than these bs npcs we have now
I'm back to Fallout 4, having a Season Pass, but not playing the DLCs ... until now.

I'm still planning on doing the Crab Nebula tour starting June 11th, assuming it's still on, as they have shut down the Horsehead and other areas. Glad I'm bringing my armed Python, and not switching to an Asp.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

Things I like about 2.1

Postby thebs » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:19 pm

It's funny, I was logging on to post this, and just found out about the insurance reimbursement. In any case, as I like to be more positive than negative, the things I love about 2.1 ...

- Graphics (obviously) -- they are using GPUs to yet more full effect (and heat) with the OpenGL v3 engine in 2.x
- Bookmarks -- 'bout time! I love setting them. No more searching for trade runs, just book and reuse
- Outfitting -- didn't like the new interface at first, and there could still be improvements, but once I got used to it ... 10x better

I haven't done many missions yet in the new system, although I do like the mining missions now paying out for 10+ units, instead of only 1-3 or so. I'll have more comments on those when I do more ... although I'm getting ready for the nebula tour in another 8 days.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:20 pm

At least some mission descriptions no longer contain the warnings about illegal cargo: Was asked to donate Combat Stabilizers to OoM, picked up the kit, and was not amused by the Illicit Cargo notification popping up. Thankfully, the cops in front of Reamy Dock were all off for coffee and donuts.

Also finding some mission-related bugs, like this redirection message:
► Show Spoiler

The system name below is correct, the target station has the mission icon in the system map, and the version on the transaction tab is correct as well.

And an impossible time update:
► Show Spoiler

Yes, that one popped up with a time limit of 0:00, got a message "seems the incentive was not enough, carry on as planned" a minute later.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “Gameplay and Features”