Community Support for the game and it's features
Akulla
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Akulla
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Credit making tips and tricks.

Postby Akulla » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 am

Since its getting close to Gamma, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give advice on how to earn credits, the process and ships they prefer.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Re: Credit making tips and tricks.

Postby AndyB » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:54 am

the number one tip is know your system types, you can make credits hand over fist running food from an agricultural system to an industrial and taking machinery such as crop harvesters back.

always check the BB for missions requesting items before selling your cargo, they very often pay double or even quadruple the market price for them.

and last but not least always maximize your cargo space, especially when you first start out. that docking computer and fuel scoop may look like a good idea but they take up slots that can be filled with cargo racks, if you are making 1,000 credits a tonne a fuel scoop that saves you 250 cr but takes up 2-4 tonnes of cargo room is a false economy.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

SJT
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stephen Taylor

Postby SJT » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:07 am

Using a second account, or a friend if you have one, fly around collecting as many missions as possible. Log off. Log on after a couple of days, after the failed missions have matured into a whopping great multi-billion credit bounty. Kill this character with your main character on primary account. Rinse and repeat.

Obviously this is an exploit but I haven't seen how they'll avoid this yet. I don't intend to use it but there'll probably be a lot of people who will.

Zieman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Zieman

Postby Zieman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:51 am

SJT wrote:Using a second account, or a friend if you have one, fly around collecting as many missions as possible. Log off. Log on after a couple of days, after the failed missions have matured into a whopping great multi-billion credit bounty. Kill this character with your main character on primary account. Rinse and repeat.

Obviously this is an exploit but I haven't seen how they'll avoid this yet. I don't intend to use it but there'll probably be a lot of people who will.
Might work, but is it really feasible?
If you're doing it with a secondary account, that involves RL money.
If you're doing it with a friend, I'm not sure but it might wreck one of his 'character slots', one of three I think.
Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat ... and keep it under Lightspeed!
My Elite: Dangerous videos , All you wanted to know about the game. And more.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:13 am

AndyB wrote:
always check the BB for missions requesting items before selling your cargo, they very often pay double or even quadruple the market price for.

Yep. Always check the missions. Played for a few hours last night and made about 300,000 in a hauler with 12 tonne capacity. Some of the missions on chu hub for auto-fabricators were paying stupid money, over 40,000 for 6 and a couple of times there were two missions for them.

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:29 pm

Watch mission times and fines. Sometimes you can make big bucks delivering to a tight schedule but some spacestations can be a long way away fromt he star!

SJT
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Stephen Taylor

Postby SJT » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Zieman wrote:
SJT wrote:Using a second account, or a friend if you have one, fly around collecting as many missions as possible. Log off. Log on after a couple of days, after the failed missions have matured into a whopping great multi-billion credit bounty. Kill this character with your main character on primary account. Rinse and repeat.

Might work, but is it really feasible?
If you're doing it with a secondary account, that involves RL money.
If you're doing it with a friend, I'm not sure but it might wreck one of his 'character slots', one of three I think.

I would say it's feasible. Some guy posted a while back (not the one that had a bug so he had a trillions credit bounty) that he'd been away for a few days and had several billion on his head. Everyone was asking him where he was so they could shoot him. I've logged on with and found a 750,000 Cr bounty on me and I wasn't even trying.

As to the real money. An extra £35 for another account isn't a lot for a lot of people.

Anyway. I don't condone such behaviour but if you see people in Anacondas after three days, you know why.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”