Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Fighter/Explorer Craft Advice Please

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed May 11, 2016 12:31 am

OK Myrm, have fun testing your new ship. :D

Just a few thoughts: ;)

You seem to like your shield boosters. Your A3 shields and 4x A0 boosters give you 204 MJ of shield strength. A single A5 shield generator will give you 208 MJ, and if you add the boosters you get 374 MJ. That will be very handy in combat, or better yet, trade a couple boosters for chaff and a KWS.

The A5 thrusters are really overkill. You can save a lot of cash with C5 thrusters, and a bit of weight too with D5 thrusters, and you won't notice much of a difference.

If you do plan on doing combat, you are going to want to upgrade your power distributor to A4 so your various capacitors discharge more slowly - more bang bang and go fast.

The A2 fuel scoop will take 7:06 to refuel. You can at least fit an A3 that will do it in 3:01.

You can probably do with cheaper/lighter sensors as well.

And if you plan on an extended exploration, don't forget to trade out the docking computer for an AFMU, downgrade life support to 4E for an extra .38 LY jump range, and upgrade that fuel scoop!
It's time to give this another go.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed May 11, 2016 11:43 am

Hi Roger wilco

Thanks for the tips. I'll have a look at them when I get home tonight, so long as the same thing doesn't happen again like it did last night: 15 minutes to go to the end of my shift and I had to arrest somebody. Takes hours to do everything to do with that. >.<

Yes I need to upgrade my fuel scoop and I'll look at the boosters and shield generator too.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Wed May 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Myrm wrote:Yes I need to upgrade my fuel scoop and I'll look at the boosters and shield generator too.

Myrm, it is far better to use the Coriolis site and just copy and paste a link to your build for us to see rather than a copy and paste list. It is much easier with the link as we can see everything including how you have your power management setup. We can then make suggestions and provide you a link to see the changes we made so you can open them in a separate tab/window and flip back and forth to compare.

https://coriolis.io

ED Shipyard was the first and was good and still is, but Coriolis takes it to a whole other level. its visual layout makes it a lot easier to see the stats and specs and see exactly what effect a change has on speed, jump range, power output, everything.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Wed May 11, 2016 2:12 pm

Myrm wrote:...I want to be able to kick some bottom when I get indicted by wretched NPC pirates, and, of course, working my way up to kicking the bottoms of 'real people' pirates. I've never fired a single shot in the year I've been playing.

Further to all the advice in the thread, I'd suggest you get a few kills under your belt before committing to a journey in an armed explorer. You don't want your first taste of combat to be when you've scanned a few dozen systems and have some valuable data on board - because you lose it if you get destroyed.

If you follow this advice, I reckon it's best to get your experience in the explorer you plan to use. A sidey may be cheap but it handles differently to (say) an asp in combat.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Wed May 11, 2016 2:14 pm

Also worth noting that as you leave the bubble, your chances of a scrap with a pirate reduce to pretty much zero.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed May 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Gorf wrote:Also worth noting that as you leave the bubble, your chances of a scrap with a pirate reduce to pretty much zero.

I've noticed that since getting my ASP Explorer I am getting interdicted a lot more by AI pirates - 3 times in one system visit. :shock:

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed May 11, 2016 6:13 pm

I'll probably get rid of some of my weapons to be fair. I want to be able to dish out a beating if I get interdicted by pirates, but I'm not going to go out looking for fights.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 14, 2016 2:19 pm

Well I'm 586 ly from Sol as I journey toward the galaxy centre. I haven't seen any stations for the past 200-300 ly and I'm desperately in need of one. I was landing on a planet, didn't notice it was over 2G and crash vary heavily on it. My hull integrity is down to 51% and I want to make repairs. :(

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat May 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Myrm wrote:Well I'm 586 ly from Sol as I journey toward the galaxy centre. I haven't seen any stations for the past 200-300 ly and I'm desperately in need of one. I was landing on a planet, didn't notice it was over 2G and crash vary heavily on it. My hull integrity is down to 51% and I want to make repairs. :(

No stations outside of the bubble, either turn back or carry on and hope for the best, my advice would be to turn back repair at the first station you get to and try again,
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat May 14, 2016 4:06 pm

KK. I'm dashing back to the bubble (I always wondered what that was when people spoke of it). I'll repair and dash back to where I left off.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”