Community Support for the game and it's features
LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Interdictions

Postby LionOfNarnia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:27 am

Yes, it is a known issue which is being addressed.

I've failed twice trying to interdict (System security) Eagles, but been successful with a 'conda, clipper & FDS. As I'm not a habitual smuggler, and always carry 2 tons of gold as bait for bad guys, I always drop out & go into 'avenger mode' when I get tethered.
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Xebeth wrote:Smuggling has certainly got 'interesting', security ships are purposely targeting smugglers and I even had one chase me to an outpost and scan me as I was landing.

Yes, I had a message about following a smuggler - requesting a ship scan from security forces - that's probably part and parcel of that twitter post by the ai programmer... It certainly is a little more on top now, more edgey... But if smuggling was easy, we would all be in a South American airport waiting for a plane and a nice payout from some unscrupulous drug lords...

Liking the change though - skill and cunning needed :) a true rogue

Julissa Silver
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Julissa Silver

Postby Julissa Silver » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:33 pm

The latest slew of bugs coming from 1.4, particularly this interdiction bug, added to the rather terrible implementation and lack of knowledge behind their own background sim, PLUS what seems like a visible focus away from PvE and towards encouraging PvP content has actually convinced me (and family) to seek refunds and walk away from Elite (at least for a while). It's become too 'edgy', too 'hardcore', too tailored to twitchy teenagers with endless time to perfect their flight skills. Definitely not what I backed years ago.
Vice-Deputy Sub-Assistant and Honourary Cider Drinker of The Drunks of Sol (Empire Chapter).

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master

Postby LionOfNarnia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:02 pm

I think you may have a point, Julissa, but ....

WHAT ABOUT THE BACON?

;)

Seriously though, isn't it too early to rage-quit, just when things are getting interesting?
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Julissa Silver
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Julissa Silver

Postby Julissa Silver » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:08 pm

LionOfNarnia wrote:Seriously though, isn't it too early to rage-quit, just when things are getting interesting?

I take grave exception to your use of the term 'rage-quit', things have been coming to a head for more than a month and I've thought long and hard about exactly what I should do. Just ask any of my closest friends and have them tell you how much I've been fretting and worrying about things.

I also disagree with the idea that things are just starting to get interesting. I think they're getting less and less interesting and the extrapolated 'future vision' is falling further and further away from what I had hoped it would with every announcement and every new cash prize competition for twitchers. I have no faith that Frontier won't just break yet more things and leave the things that I am still excited about scattered about space without any explanation or follow up.

So honestly? No, it's not too early to leave the game, not for me. I've spent too much time worrying about it to be able to spare any more optimism on it right now. And to answer the inevitable follow-up, I'm still here because of the people I know and wish to stay connected to, and in the faint hope that some future point will see Elite redeemed and fun for me again.

Also, the bacon is in safe hands. There's plenty of great people around.
Vice-Deputy Sub-Assistant and Honourary Cider Drinker of The Drunks of Sol (Empire Chapter).

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master

Postby LionOfNarnia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:37 pm

I apologise for offending you with that term. If there was a better one available to my limited mind (being a mere man), I'd have used that.

Whilst I disagree with your overall position - I find E D beautiful & inspiring & exciting (despite its' flaws) especially after waiting 20 years for it - I do respect your right to move on.

My best wishes for your future endeavours.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:56 pm

yeah, the Baconatrix didn't rage quit.. I can attest to that.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

SNaomiScott
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Concubine

Postby SNaomiScott » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:38 pm

Mouse wrote:yeah, the Baconatrix didn't rage quit.. I can attest to that.

And I'll back that up as well. While I'm not yet ready to walk away myself I can fully understand why she's feeling the way she is.

As for the interdiction thing, it's definitely harder to evade since 1.4. I've not tried doing the interdicting yet but did upgrade my Vulture's FSDI from a 4E to a 4B tonight so will give it a whirl sometime tomorrow and report back here with my findings.

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:58 pm

I know I'm new to elite but from my pov, the change to the smuggling and npc security hunting me down has made the journeys a little less tedious and something more to think about other than 6 seconds right time to throttle back

Sorry to hear it's not giving you want you want/expect :(

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 am

has anyone else been getting completely insane interdictions where the screen glitches out and just spazzes?
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”