rutes

Community Support for the game and it's features
hammer2b
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

rutes

Postby hammer2b » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:24 am

so how do ppl navigate from place to place .. im sitting vhit pen and paper writing down where i go .. i think using the map is real hard as it only gives u a direktion for the next system ?

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Re: rutes

Postby Neillm » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:30 am

hammer2b wrote:so how do ppl navigate from place to place .. im sitting vhit pen and paper writing down where i go .. i think using the map is real hard as it only gives u a direktion for the next system ?

There are some route planners out there but, at the moment, I'm fudging my way through the galaxy map. The DDF says there are all sorts of map tools planned to help navigation...as for when...who knows?

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:11 am

In the Galaxy Map, use the View > Map function to show what to take where:
http://youtube.com/v/FourfVPc9Zc

Moving this to Gameplay and Features support. :)

Edit: Rereading your post, are you asking for a multiple waypoint tool? This should be in the making. Can't remember where I read this though.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:30 am

This really applies to trading but it may help to know if you are unaware of this:

In the galaxy map on the Navigation screen, you can hide as many routes as you wish to get a clearer view for your specific journey requirements. For instance, if you wanted to see routes for fish only and hide all the other views you can click on the triangle arrow on the left of the 'Foods' tab to open all the different items that come under foods. Then just leave the box next to 'Fish' highlighted. Switching off the boxes to all the other categories main headings ('Consumer Items' etc) will leave you with just the fish routes visible on the Galaxy Map.
"Wibble"

Shelleen
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Shelleen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 am

I don't ever use the trade map as I get mesmerised by the moving colours and forget what it was I was looking for.

I've always used pen and paper. Have done it that way since I first played Elite and do it now in ED.

One thing I'd like to see is a GalNet subscription service that gave you current prices and stock levels from, say, a 50 system zone from where you currently are. This would enable you to take supply missions knowing in advance where you can obtain the goods and fall back systems if the original choice had sold out by the time you got there.

Without having such information supply missions are a lottery and easy to fail. In the final game that may have serious consequences for your reputation.

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:39 am

Shelleen wrote:I don't ever use the trade map as I get mesmerised by the moving colours and forget what it was I was looking for.

I've always used pen and paper. Have done it that way since I first played Elite and do it now in ED.

One thing I'd like to see is a GalNet subscription service that gave you current prices and stock levels from, say, a 50 system zone from where you currently are. This would enable you to take supply missions knowing in advance where you can obtain the goods and fall back systems if the original choice had sold out by the time you got there.

Without having such information supply missions are a lottery and easy to fail. In the final game that may have serious consequences for your reputation.

Yeah I use a pad and pen too. Just thought the OP may find the tip useful as if he's really new to the game it might not be obvious.

Maybe they should have a NASA Apollo style pen and paper in the cockpit. ?
"Wibble"

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:59 am

I just go to the bulletin board and see where requires deliveries. I pick the route that will make me the most credits and just go. I haven't really done any trading in Beta 2, the missions are just so lucrative. My advice is to get away from the starting point a bit and find an Independent planet next to a Federation one. They seem to spend an awful lot of money getting messages delivered to one another about how great it would be to join their camp. Easy money.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Philip Coutts wrote:I just go to the bulletin board and see where requires deliveries. I pick the route that will make me the most credits and just go. I haven't really done any trading in Beta 2, the missions are just so lucrative. My advice is to get away from the starting point a bit and find an Independent planet next to a Federation one. They seem to spend an awful lot of money getting messages delivered to one another about how great it would be to join their camp. Easy money.

^This, plus after you've accepted all the missions you can find that go to your chosen system, i find its often worth a few extra bucks if you fill the rest of your hold with whatever is selling cheaply (if anything.) I go for food items or basic meds mainly as there is always a market for them. you don't make a lot, only about 100 Cr a tonne but every credit helps.

after you get into a Cobra get 2 16 tonne cargo racks, plus a couple of 4's and some really nice missions open up for you,

keep an eye out for same system missions when making your deliveries to the BB, if i have a few stations to visit in a single system, i can often pick up a delivery mission for 20 tonnes of something and get paid 50-60k for taking it somewhere i was already going.

it helps if you go to a station with a market to unload first, but it can be a real money spinner.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis

Postby Brixmis » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Philip Coutts wrote:I just go to the bulletin board and see where requires deliveries. I pick the route that will make me the most credits and just go.

This.

Then I use Thrudd's Trading Tool to find out what else I can make money on to the same system (thanks to Cmdrs Bigg Badger and Nemetos for the tip):

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

It's never let me down.

As for making notes - if I remember, I note what I have on board and where I'm going. Except for the places I go to regularly, I have zero idea where I've been!

I've been tempted to keep a log, though, just of the systems and ports I've visited. I think they should have rewards like those you can get for FSX, where you get rewarded for visiting 'X' number of systems.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”