Community Support for the game and it's features
Bidabug
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bidabug
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Probably a dumb question...

Postby Bidabug » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:41 am

I have been playing for awhile but spend most of my time Trading or Bounty Hunting....
I have not really paid much attention to Power Play or the affects (other than trading affects) that Power Play has had on the overall game.

I need some help to understand what "Military Strike" zones are...Ran in to some last night while trading....
I have used "Seeking Goods" zones, obviously "High / Low RES" zones, and "High/Low Conflict" zones....but "Military Strike" zones are something I haven't seen before...

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Probably a dumb question...

Postby TorTorden » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:59 am

I think most powers call them with different names. But in essence they walk like conflict zones, quack like conflict zones and smell like conflict zones.

And from what I gather you get only merits for helping your pre selected faction, and considerably less than if you went into an enemy faction system and interdicted transport ships (like at least 3x more PR kill, with non of the risk)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Bidabug
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Bidabug » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Thank you TorTorden.....didn't want to jump in to one without knowing what it was...lol...appreciate the explanation

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:14 pm

If you are not doing PP, don't bother with military strike zones, crime sweeps, etc. Guys who are in PP get merits for each kill, but you'd get nothing if not in PP. They are fun, though. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Bidabug
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Bidabug » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Thanks JohnLuke,
I am really just running around trading mostly - right now doing a 2 jump run with an Anaconda (432T) that makes $1,610,064 round trip....think I will stick with this until I get so bored I fall out of my chair...lol
After the Power Play update (not sure if it happened Wed or Thur) I noticed that one of the systems changed hands and up popped like 8 Military Strike zones....wasn't sure what they were - appreciate the feedback though - think I will take your advice and stay out of them....

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:14 pm

I remember once, I went into a strike zone with... either JohnLuke or Stummies...just to see if I could participate.

They will let you choose a side, just like in a conflict zone, but you don't earn vouchers for the kills, just merits. And since I wasn't participating in PP, no merits for me... just some wasted ammo ;)

PulsarShark
Novice
Novice
CMDR: PulsarShark

Postby PulsarShark » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Yeah they are power play versions of CZs. and merit-wise, theyre supposed to work like CZs pay vs. RESes - they have a lower payout per kill, but a guaranteed steadier stream of kills.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:04 pm

There are no dumb questions! Dumb thread titles, on the other hand... ;)

Please try to use meaningful titles, so the answers you get can be found and used later by others. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “Gameplay and Features”