Community Support for the game and it's features
Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Desparate situation

Postby Brixmis » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Hey guys, I could really do with some help.

I'm in my hauler. I am half way in a four-jump trip from LHS-3262 to Caer Bran, with a very expensive load.

The first two jumps went without a hitch (and I got no less than 15 discoveries along the way), but suddenly, everyt ime I try to initiate the jump to LHS457 I get a warning message that frameshift drive won't engage because landing gear/scoop/hardpoints are deployed.

I was unable to deploy nor retract any of these, so I exited and rejoined. Then I was able to deploy and retract both the gear and the scoop, so it must be the hardpoints it's got a problem with. Problem is, I can't retract. I ditched my laser to save some weight, and all I have now is the basic scanner. This was engaged to scan those objects, but retract won't work at all.

I've tried each variation (not much available, of course) of firegroup, but nothing happens. I try it with my controller and the keyboard assignment and nix, nada, nothing doing. :cry:

I hope it isn't a bug - I don't want to lose this job (4664cr profit in the offing) and only left myself enough to cover the insurance. :(

Any ideas or advice gladly and gratefully appreciated.

Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie

Re: Desparate situation

Postby Artie » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:09 pm

That's weird. I can try it with latest patch 2.05, but I am pretty sure that I had at least once just a planetary scanner (assigned as secondary) with no other weapons and retracting worked with no problems (using key "U" by default). You can try to turn off the scanner completely (in power management), maybe it will help...

Brixmis
Competent
Competent

Postby Brixmis » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Yes it was working fine after previous use, but seems to have stopped.

I did have a crazy few moments at my last docking when my ship was behaving very erratically and I crashed into several things inside the spaceport, but I checked and everything was shown as 100% - to my amazement.

I can't help wondering if some damage was done that didn't show up.

Anyway, I'll try turning the scanner off - thanks for the suggestion.

I removed it from any firegroup, but that didn't make a difference, I'm guessing because it was still deployed.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:52 am

Sounds very odd. I have no clue. If it persists, ticket it. Good luck Commander.

Vikinger
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Vulcor

Postby Vikinger » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:00 am

I don't think the scanner is the problem. Are you sure you did not have your cargo scoop deployed?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:11 am

Vikinger wrote:I don't think the scanner is the problem. Are you sure you did not have your cargo scoop deployed?

Yeah, in my experience the scanner can still be deployed when the hardpoints are retracted and it doesn't prevent you from jumping. I would check from the functions tab of the right panel that everything that should be off is.

Good luck!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Brixmis
Competent
Competent

Postby Brixmis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:46 am

Thanks for replies.

I did check that as one of my first actions, and after exiting and rejoining.

According to the panel, landing gear and scoop are retracted. I deployed and retracted both, to make sure, too.

I'll give it another go later and if it still won't play ball, I'll raise a ticket. I'll make a short video, too.

Thanks all.

Brixmis
Competent
Competent

Postby Brixmis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Good news!

I jumped in today, pressed the FSD button straight away and it worked!

Got the two jumps to Caer Brun and made my 4700cr. Unfortunately, I then lost touch with Mother Ship (the server) so that was the end of play.
Don't know if today's updates helped. I did use the scanner again a few times enroute, but didn't need to retract it.

Strange - but I'm not complaining. :D

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Good to hear. :)

Return to “Gameplay and Features”