GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Beta 2 first impressions

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 pm

RogueZephyr wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:What is this black screen of which you speak Rogue? Can you enter the game at all, or?

If I click on the "solo" game mode button, it flashes the orange sidewinder and then freezes on a black screen with just the beta 2.01 at the bottom and the music playing

Have you tried a reinstall?

RogueZephyr
Expert
Expert
CMDR: ValTomiana
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby RogueZephyr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:00 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
RogueZephyr wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:What is this black screen of which you speak Rogue? Can you enter the game at all, or?

If I click on the "solo" game mode button, it flashes the orange sidewinder and then freezes on a black screen with just the beta 2.01 at the bottom and the music playing

Have you tried a reinstall?

Not yet, but a file validation has enabled me to at least play the tutorial missions. It is now saying that my launcher is too old so I will try reinstalling that.
-I fly the ocean black, and my little ship goes warp 10-
-Theres nothing that we lack (unless theres something we've forgotten)-

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:08 pm

I couldn't play yesterday due to the time it was available.

Came home from work today, had dinner, ED is downloading, probably will get some time to play in a couple of hours from now.

But am excited :)

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 pm

Trying now, but cannot get past the spinning ship screen, except that it is not spinning and sometimes disappears as well.

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:13 pm

I can get into the Mobius group at the second time of asking but have had 3 crash to desktop in about 30 minutes. When it doesn't crash, and I try to quit, it hangs on a black screen.

Lets hope 2.02 fixes something.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Just had a quick spin.....

Kin ell..........

Just a few changes...... :shock:

Loving the new UI and station layout.....Although I will have to adjust my Track ir settings...Stop me breaking my neck....

Handling of the ship seems different as well.....Although that could just be down to I've been flying a Viper for a while.

Pre-flight checklist seemed to not like my axis controls for some reason....I hope you do not have to do that every time you take off.........

I did not see a save and quit option.....So I hope it has saved.....It would not quit though....Had to stop the client in task manager.....

Now to work out how I want to play this.....

Prob fly around and take a look at a few market prices and work out a trade route.....Grind a little....Upgrade my weapons and take a few missions....They seem to be paying quite well.....

Gonna stay out of the group for a while...Coz not sure if me trading in the group will affect the market prices in the group....Or are they all synched across all play....

Anyway after the Hissy fit I threw last night on the main boards about the wipe.....I'm liking the update.....

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Neillm
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Zachus

Postby Neillm » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Gonna stay out of the group for a while...Coz not sure if me trading in the group will affect the market prices in the group....Or are they all synched across all play....

Online Solo, Private Group or Open Play are all working on the same galaxy simulation so it doesn't matter which one you are in.

christoff
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Christoff

Postby christoff » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Managed to get online, but crashed when looking at the galaxy map.

The text is difficult to read now, although not sure if thats a setting I need to change since the update.
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Neillm wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Gonna stay out of the group for a while...Coz not sure if me trading in the group will affect the market prices in the group....Or are they all synched across all play....

Online Solo, Private Group or Open Play are all working on the same galaxy simulation so it doesn't matter which one you are in.

Ahhh Ok.....

Thank you....

Prob be in group later then......

For a few hours whilst the Mrs is away..........

Gotta start somewhere I spose.............

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

christoff
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Christoff

Postby christoff » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Now tells me that it cant connect to ED server, as my Client is too old, and I need to update, but I'm on 2.01, so who knows. Think I will leave it for tonight :(
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

Return to “Gameplay and Features”