Community Support for the game and it's features
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Getting a new ship

Postby HAMM3R » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:05 pm

My journey so far has in fact been an upward motion, albeit unintentionally. But I shall then continue up. Up, until the gravitational pull of the Milky Way can no longer hold me in it's grip and I'm left drifting in the black void of intergalactic space...
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Guy DeWitte
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Matilda TheCowDog

Postby Guy DeWitte » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:19 am

I would recommend rare trading to build up credits fast. Once you have a bit of cash, get a Cobra- it'll handle battle if interdicted by NPCs- and it has good cargo space. Make your way over to Lave/Leesti/Diso/Orerre area, because for quick credits there are about 5 systems right next to each other where you can fill up on rare goods. Then jump out about 100lys anywhere and sell; repeat; repeat;repeat.... and within a very short time you'll have enough for an Asp. Then you can do anything in the game, and go anywhere in the galaxy.

CMDR_Takoda
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Takoda

Postby CMDR_Takoda » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 pm

A re-post of a rare trading route by Cmdr Daggoo. Fastest way to build cash early on. Its a haul for sure, but once you get past the 100Ly mark, you will often times net 12,000 profit PER TON. (up to 17,000)

Do remember that fuel scoops are your friend.

START
CLUSTER 1 (77t - 113t)
Witchhaul (Hornby Terminal 219ls) - 9t Witchhaul Kobe Beef
sell Leesti, Lave, Orrere, Diso, Uszaa
23.86ly transit
Fujin (Futen Starport 559ls) - 10t Fujin Tea
13.02ly transit
39 Tauri (Porta 990ls) - 17t Tauri Chimes
37.25ly transit
George Pantazis (Zamka Platform 45ls) - 16t Pantaa Prayer Sticks
14.9ly transit
Zeessze (Nicollier Hanger 489ls) - 18t Zeessze Ant Grub Glue
26.37ly transit
Altair (Solo Orbiter 667ls) - 25t (?) Altairian Skin
OPTIONAL 62ly transit
OPTIONAL Chi Eridani (Steve Masters) - 18t Chi Eridani Marine Paste

MAIN TRANSIT
114ly from Altair to Leesti

Leesti (George Lucas 259ls) - 14t Leestian Evil Juice, 7t Azure Milk
sell Witchhaul, Fujin, 39 Tauri
buy advanced catalysers (max out your cargo)
35.55ly transit
Wintii (Whymper Landing 2400ls)
sell George Pantazis, Zeessze, Altair, Chi Eridani, advanced catalysers
34.41ly transit
Lave (Lave Station 286ls) - 7t Lavian Brandy
9.15ly transit
Orrere (Sharon Lee Free Market 961ls) - 16t Orrerian Vicious Brew
6.86ly transit
Diso (Shifnalport 284ls) - 15t Diso Ma Corn
OPTIONAL 5.19ly transit
OPTIONAL Uszaa (Guest Installation 4350ls) - Uszaian Tree Grub 14t
BACK TO START

CMDR_Takoda
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Takoda

Postby CMDR_Takoda » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:08 pm

So for your Hauler 22*14,000= 308,000...one way
616,000 round trip.

Now use that money and buy a Cobra

Now its 60* 14,000 = 840,000 one way

And you are on your way to your Asp.

If you want shields, slightly, but not adversely, slower.

Tiwaz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tregon

Postby Tiwaz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:38 am

HAMM3R wrote:There are indeed Hi-techs, Indus, Agris and Refineries available for round trips but seems the routes have been milked pretty dry. Not much demand one way or the other. I should definitely change the scene but I'm not sure which way to go. This place seems a bit of a dead end-ish. Lot of unpopulated systems around me if going forward towards the core. Then again, might as well back track to see what I possibly missed while cruising by systems.

As I mentioned in the in the 'what are you doing now in game' topic, there's some cheap-a** slaves where I'm docked atm but no place to sell anywhere near. Couple of black markets are close by but I don't know about their demand and if I can get my boat through the mail slot fast enough (only to find out they don't need 'em :D)

I myself moved from some nether regions of space towards lave-region to start up with rares to make faster cash, but on the way noticed that when I scope for places to trade, it is best to bypass any areas where you do not have high supply/demand areas.

Basically I look at group of extraction-refinery-industrial-high tech systems in relative vicinity using the view, then bounce around a little and see if each system has high supplies or demands. Appears to me to be hint that people do not trade too much in that area. After that it is mapping what kind of stuff is most wanted and needed and then hauling around.

Granted, my system was only tested on small scale but it appeared to work well enough for me. Have to see how it turns out when I get into serious haulers.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'll be looking into those once I get back to ED. Can't do much at the moment, had to return my borrowed X52 and my X55 hasn't arrived yet. But I'm itching to get back on the saddle. Guess I'll just pretend the commander caught some kind of space flu and is bedridden for the time being.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just

CmdrVander
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Yorrick Vander

Postby CmdrVander » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:10 am

I'm still using an old cyborg evo stick i bought to play swg/jtl with (!) it's batterd and shabby and with the changes in the way windows sets up sticks almost useless for combat but I'm still resisting replacing it. Soon(tm) as the 'Harmless' rating is geting embarrassing several months into live lol.

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert

Postby HAMM3R » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:46 pm

I do have a xbox pad as well but I can't play ED with it. My brain just isn't wired to use it for anything else but platformers, sports and fighting games.

It also seems me and my in-game character are becoming one. The very next day following my previous post I got struck with flu and fever and I've been bedridden since :shock:

Return to “Gameplay and Features”