Community Support for the game and it's features
KleinerFisch
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Pisciculus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Moving up to the Type 6...

Postby KleinerFisch » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:18 am

Slightly different, I was bountyhunting in my Viper until I could afford the T6, all the while my Multipurpose Cobra (the first ship I equipped to the fullest) stored away safely. Using the Cobra for doing missions, the Viper for pure Combat and the Type-6 for Rare Trades, until I can afford a fully equipped ASP + rebuy/running costs/insurance + cargo ... so, not under 30mill ;)

Here's my Type-6 ... http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=30W,5QH5QH0mI0mI01Q,2-4s6k6Q3S5K3m6k,08c08c0720727Q44xo2UI

Agressive interdictions get chaffed until FSD cooled down.
Fuel scoop to reduce running costs.
Advanced Discovery Scanner for small profits getting data on the fly

On my rares roundtrip I fill the cargo space with un-rare commodities for extra profits (20-100k, unused cargo space is wasted cargo space), often jumping into unknown systems doing a quick system scan and scanning the star while fuel-scooping. That brings additional 30k credits when selling the data. It's not the fastest roundtrip, but diversified and not that boring. And each roundtrip (around 2h) nets a good 2-2.5mill profit.
You sure have bigger fish to fry ...

Philip Coutts
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Coutts

Postby Philip Coutts » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:26 pm

I had a type 6 for a while but to be honest I found that the trading life was slightly dull and went back to my Viper. I might get a type 6 again to build up some more cash and run some higher paying missions. They are a solid workhorse of a ship.

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Sitting in Tellus, at Ahern station. Decent trade route from here to an industrial system 14ly away. Consumer Tech out, Gold in. Good profits and an incredibly quick and painless round-trip (both stations near the nav beacon!). Doesn't make it any less monotonous, however. LOL.

Return to “Gameplay and Features”