Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: You know what I want...

Postby Walter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:33 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:
Walter wrote:
What is your point friend. My post is regarding an Offline mode. What is your argument?

Sorry, edits passed in the ether - I did get sidetracked too far- see the addition to my original post. I can't see how an offline mode could be possible. In my galaxy Mobius Platform would be saved from the ravages of the Empire, while in Jockgit's he would be gladly bending his neck so the emperor could place his boot on it.
How could Frontier hope to blend two different outcomes?

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:39 pm

Walter wrote:Sorry, edits passed in the ether - I did get sidetracked too far- see the addition to my original post. I can't see how an offline mode could be possible. In my galaxy Mobius Platform would be saved from the ravages of the Empire, while in Jockgit's he would be gladly bending his neck so the emperor could place his boot on it.

No worries.

All I'm asking for is an Offline mode. Not an Offline only game.

I don't care to argue why FD has made the choice that they have. I'd just like for them to add the Offline mode that they commited to.

The original post is a polite request to support an Offline petition if you are so inclined. Nothing more.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:47 pm

Walter wrote:Sorry, edits passed in the ether - I did get sidetracked too far- see the addition to my original post. I can't see how an offline mode could be possible. In my galaxy Mobius Platform would be saved from the ravages of the Empire, while in Jockgit's he would be gladly bending his neck so the emperor could place his boot on it.

Sorry. Just reread your edited post. But having an Offline mode would of course have to be a separate mode, that was unable to link to the online version in any way.

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:56 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:The original post is a polite request to support an Offline petition if you are so inclined. Nothing more.

No offence intended and I understand your point of view. I just think David Braben may have had to reluctantly considered Burn's 'Tae a Moose': The best laid plans . . .

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Walter wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:The original post is a polite request to support an Offline petition if you are so inclined. Nothing more.

No offence intended and I understand your point of view. I just think David Braben may have had to reluctantly considered Burn's 'Tae a Moose': The best laid plans . . .

You're probably right. :)

I still have my (naive - NO Kharma :) ) hopes for an Offline mode down the line. It is, in my opinion, "easy" for FD to do if they so wished, but probably not very profitable considering the plans of implementing real time online advertising into the game. Quite a considerable revenue stream I would imagine.
And keeping complete control of the game and it's content is of course another obvious argument to the shareholders. :)

Fly safe my friend. Signing off for the night. :)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Avago-Earo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:54 pm

Walter wrote:
GlobusDiablo wrote:My point is, that I prefer to own the game I buy. Right now, I just bought access to FD servers.

Strictly speaking and to be absolutely and unnecessarily pedantic, you don't own any software, including your computer's OS. What you spent good money on was the licence to use the software and the medium, if any, on which the software was supplied. Technically, the owner of the software can cancel the licence if the T&Cs are breached, although I can't recall any publicity over such a withdrawal. You'll find full details on page 253 of the EULA.

Regarding ED, Frontier have said that it didn't prove feasible to build a mechanism that could blend offline action with the real-time changes the online process has to accommodate. Imagine the difficulties of trying to reconcile the divergence a week of offline play would create with the equally morphing big picture. Then multiply that by a thousand offline players.

To be pedantic, you don't own money either but I'd love to see someone try and mug me ;)
"Wibble"

Return to “Gameplay and Features”