Group events and appointments in Game
Julissa Silver
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Julissa Silver
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

MAYHEM(tm) in 1.4

Postby Julissa Silver » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm sure others will have this, but not seeing it announced yet I thought I'd disseminate some information for thought and input. Discuss here or get in touch with any of the group admins if you're at all interested or have any ideas. :)

"Hey guys,

This email is being sent out to all registered contacts for Player Groups.

As some of you will have read we are soon going to be going into an open stress test phase with our latest update and we’re calling that period Mayhem.

Mayhem is a series of community events which players can get involved in that will run on the beta servers. The aim of this is to get as many people in as possible to stress test those servers.

We have a host of stuff lined up already and the schedule is looking great. But we’d love to use the opportunity to promote your events and groups too.

The Mayhem period will run between the 21st Sep – 4th Oct. With the servers opening up slightly earlier and potentially closing slightly later. We will have official livestreams, Some special involvement from some well know community streamers and open PVE events.

We’re sending out this invitation to see if any groups would like to hold an event in the beta servers (CQC or the main game) which we would be able to add to the list of events and promote on your behalf.

The events could be anything but the following are a few suggestions that are both serious and less serious.
- Group grudge match - 2 player groups each side has 1 ship each. They come to an agreed Combat Zone at a set time and the players can join in by picking a ship and joining in.
- Anaconda owners club, Cobra appreciation day, Viper parade etc
- Speed landing contests
- Races
- Etc

If you would like to register to run one an event please send us the following details to me and Ed.
- Event name:
- Event organizer (Group or leader):
- Date:
- Time:
- Details (Include location, any sign up forms etc)

Add any other information you want to add such as twitter or website promotional link etc.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
I will also be emailing people shortly regarding their Player Group Ranks which we talked about on the forums.

Thanks,
Zac Antonaci"
Vice-Deputy Sub-Assistant and Honourary Cider Drinker of The Drunks of Sol (Empire Chapter).

Corium
Novice
Novice

Re: MAYHEM(tm) in 1.4

Postby Corium » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:42 pm

I'd openly suggest a Mobius Parade, but I don't think the server's would enjoy that amount of people in one spot, but it'd be nice to show our colors every once in a while.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Corium wrote:I'd openly suggest a Mobius Parade, but I don't think the server's would enjoy that amount of people in one spot, but it'd be nice to show our colors every once in a while.

I'm sure if we went into Open for that, CODE would show up just because they hate that they can't troll us the rest of the time. And they would probably troll with great... trolling. And not get into the slightest bit of trouble for it.

(I'm assuming they want people in Open for the stress test?)

Julissa Silver
Novice
Novice

Postby Julissa Silver » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:26 pm

Schmobius wrote:(I'm assuming they want people in Open for the stress test?)

We could probably go wherever we wanted. As much as I hate what they do (and personally, who they are quite honestly), we can play the game without ever having to worry about them being shitheads.
Vice-Deputy Sub-Assistant and Honourary Cider Drinker of The Drunks of Sol (Empire Chapter).

StaticRadion
Expert
Expert
CMDR: StaticRadion

Postby StaticRadion » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:34 pm

If I though they had some hidden agenda like having thargoids crash the event when everyone was online to keep interest up and people playing I would definitely be in, but stuff like that never seems to happen even when they name something MAYHEM.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Schmobius » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Julissa Silver wrote:
We could probably go wherever we wanted. As much as I hate what they do (and personally, who they are quite honestly), we can play the game without ever having to worry about them being shitheads.

Well stated. Bunch of sociopaths who only do what they do, because the stations and authority ships never give them consequences for their actions.

Julissa Silver
Novice
Novice

Postby Julissa Silver » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:22 am

StaticRadion wrote:If I though they had some hidden agenda like having thargoids crash the event when everyone was online to keep interest up and people playing I would definitely be in, but stuff like that never seems to happen even when they name something MAYHEM.

I would love to be able to let slip that they're doing something really fun like that (that will be towards the end of horizons/early second expansion), I'm pretty sure there's nothing totally wild here except some instancing tweaks and stress testing for a server update on NPCs.

Either way, ain't no pirate berks invited. :)

Corium
Novice
Novice

Postby Corium » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 am

Regardless of the trolls, I think the Mobius group is far greater in means of Maturity and prosperity than many others simply for our comrodery and almost brethren like respect for one another. These are the traits that I think should be shown to the rest of the playerbase, not spite and anger.

There are still hundreds if not thousands of players out there who don't know such a group exists and having something with our touch applied to it during FD's sponsored events could help bring the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of Mobius in closer and bring more like-minded folk to the fold.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:15 am

So after Julissa already posted the mail here, I would like to ask everybody to post some ideas for our special Event (or Events) for the official Mayhem series.

We would need some information about the proposed event to make it manageable. So I would suggest we stick to Zac' Format.

I will start another thread in the News and Announcement sections, to keep it clean and focused only on the events.
Later this week, we then will start short poll about which of the proposed events we should submit to Frontier.

Thanks to Julissa you all head the weekend already to think about your entries. ;)

Cheers
Wolf

Wildcatmb
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wildcatmb

Postby Wildcatmb » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Just thoughts:

I think someone posted along the lines of a welcome session - if you also made it a trading session 101, you could:

Explain some of the games features and walk new players through docking / undocking, buying / selling, etc.
Show them benefits of Wing (nav lock, auto jump, trade bonuses etc).
Show them how awesome coop modes w Mobius folks are ;)
Meet and make some friends, and build our TSpeak community.

Return to “In Game Events”