Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Edddelos
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Edddelos
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Dead Silent in Congested Space

Postby Edddelos » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:05 am

Was in the Azrael system the other day, and I'd say about 10 Cmdrs popped onto my contacts hub, with no actual contact (txt). Not sure if they are OOM participants or not, perhaps they are Mobius pve members only. But here's my question or thought....I joined for comradeship, and so did many of you, I read most of your posts. Now I understand there is a majority on PC (biggest one), then there's Ps4 (my group), but I was under the assumption that the whole point of joining a group was to join up and not invest time in solo in a mobius pve universe.

Maybe someone can clue me in as to the benefit to joining Mobius pve ED and not OOM?

-------------------------------------------------------
“Closed in a room, my imagination becomes the universe, and the rest of the world is missing out."

Criss Jami, Diotima, Battery
Last edited by Edddelos on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

DRPlatus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Delorean R. Platus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Dead Silent in space

Postby DRPlatus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:16 am

If I happen to see another CMDR in my contacts, I will hail them, and if I get hailed, try to respond in kind.

However, one might miss the hail if you are distracted by your task at hand. If you are in a burning station, trying to avoid debris, explosions, and basically being turned into bacon, the last thing I am paying attention to is who is around, and what they are saying. In such a situation, I respond as soon as I can.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Dead Silent in Congested Space

Postby smartroad » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:59 am

My problem is that I am often in VR so typing messages is almost impossible. I am not ignoring anyone on purpose, I just have no easy way to reply and am not normally sitting close to the keyboard when in VR.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

DRPlatus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Delorean R. Platus

Postby DRPlatus » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 am

I don't take it personally if someone doesn't respond to my hail, as I hope they don't when I miss a hail.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:59 am

tbh when i arrive at a station, the routine is so done i don't even pay attention to the sensors..
low wake, boost request landing, land..
Sometimes i see a hello that i received like an hour ago when crossing paths with someone T_T. I try to force myself to look more at the sensors when in Mobius group.

((remembering when i entered Jameson memorial in Shinrarta and a commander in a corvette wedged himself between my exploration conda and the mail slot wall, not a hi, not a sorry for my scratched paint ^^', but hey, it may be mobius, it's not MLP universe either :) ))

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:59 am

OP is on PS4.
Hard to get a good flow on the autobhan with a tricycle.

Also.
Where you looking at the actual local contacts or past contacts?

The latter shows all players you remotely crossed paths with ever.
And I honestly think this to be the case cause I think 10 commanders sounds like a lot for any mobius group even during the busiest of times.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Edddelos
Competent
Competent

Postby Edddelos » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:46 am

TorTorden wrote:OP is on PS4.
Hard to get a good flow on the autobhan with a tricycle.

Also.
Where you looking at the actual local contacts or past contacts?

The latter shows all players you remotely crossed paths with ever.
And I honestly think this to be the case cause I think 10 commanders sounds like a lot for any mobius group even during the busiest of times.

Ok they were all past contacts, however, they were all within a 1.5hr time frame. Everyone started leaving the nest at the same time I guess, will give shout next time. I've been in Azrael alot lately, moving ships(33) around. Started engineering phase. :oops: Guess it was good timing, can make lots of contacts.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 pm

If it's the contacts in the history tab then it has nothing to do with the group you are in, as proof I only ever play in a Mobius group, I been out exploring for nearly two months and have had no reason to go into open (say for board refreshing), yet I have a certain Cmdr Harry Potter in my history tab, and I can be pretty sure that he doesn't play in any of our groups.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Edddelos
Competent
Competent

Postby Edddelos » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Xebeth wrote:If it's the contacts in the history tab then it has nothing to do with the group you are in, as proof I only ever play in a Mobius group, I been out exploring for nearly two months and have had no reason to go into open (say for board refreshing), yet I have a certain Cmdr Harry Potter in my history tab, and I can be pretty sure that he doesn't play in any of our groups.

Maybe you befriended Harry by accident and don't remember, cause it doesn't work like that for me. Or perhaps the system operates differently from PC versus PS4 on past contacts. Or here's another theory, Harry joined a long time ago under a different name, then changed his online name but not the cmdr name on this forum. Hmmm, perhaps.....

knight76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Knight76

Postby knight76 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:32 pm

I've recently joined the Mobius Eurasia group and relocated to the Azrael system while I learn the area and set up in a nearby system.

I'm looking forward to seeing human controlled ships again and not just those very smooth controlled npc's. You know, the ones that ram in to the back of you when exiting a station and you cop the fine for the apparent reckless flying you did.

I honestly have no idea how to use the chat system to hail a commander I spot, and most of the time my encounters with other ships are in docks where I or they land, take care of business and are off again.

Sometimes it is a bit too much about the credits per hour I guess. Not that I'm maximising that, just playing wherever I go in game.

Return to “General Assembly”