pseudomatic
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: pseudomatic
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Questions on avoiding harming OoM influence

Postby pseudomatic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:29 am

Hi all,

I'm new to the group but was accepted to PVE Eurasia the other day. When I applied I didn't ask to be part of the faction group because I didn't completely know what that meant, but having done some research I like the idea of supporting the faction.

I've never actively been interested in the BGS before but I've read the posts on here about the BGS, supporting OoM and the passenger influence stuff so I'm aware of some dos and don'ts but I have a few questions on other things, just to make sure my efforts aren't counter-productive.

Anyway, questions:

1. If I take a delivery mission from OoM in, say, Njiri that delivers to one of our systems, say Azrael, but to a faction other than OoM does that hurt our influence? I read that in the case of passengers I should avoid delivering to other factions in one of our systems but I don't know if that goes for delivery missions too.

2. If I'm bounty hunting and see a ship is wanted but the target info panel says "The Order of Mobius" that means they're in our faction, doesn't it? If I shoot them, does that harm either our influence or my rep with OoM?

3. Can using a KWS cause us any problems? So if, for example, if I use a KWS in Njiri and find that the ship has a bounty from a competing faction in Azrael, does killing it help their influence?

Echo32
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Echo32

Re: Questions on avoiding harming OoM influence

Postby Echo32 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:10 am

Hi pseudomatic,
1 Hopefully this link will help with your question about missions https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/missions (select show 100 entries and a search function is available).
2 I don’t think anybody knows for sure, I tend to leave them alone unless they attack me, others just destroy them. I don’t think the odd one will make too much difference. Logic suggests that removing pirates is good but the bgs isn’t always logical!
3 Cmdr 3d Plague answered this on the thread viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8551 Also a really useful bgs guide available there

Hopefully somebody will correct the above if wrong
Good luck out there

pseudomatic
Harmless
Harmless

Postby pseudomatic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:40 am

Hi Echo32,

Thanks for replying to my questions.

It appears from the page you mentioned that only passenger missions affect the influence of the destination faction, though cargo missions can affect the state of the destination faction. I find that quite surprising. It seems logical that if selling cargo on the commodities market improves the influence of a controlling faction then delivering cargo to any faction should have the same effect on them, but it appears not.

I'll probably do the same as you with regard to wanted ships that identify as OoM then. Seems the safest approach.

I read Cmdr 3d Plague's doc about the BGS but completely missed that element. Thanks for pointing it out. I don't bounty hunt very often but when I do I'll avoid handing in bounties for other factions.

Cheers.

Echo32
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Echo32

Postby Echo32 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 am

The other columns to consider are the effects on Source State but more importantly the Destination States. Most, if not all, effects on Source States are good for OoM when taking on OoM missions and passengers. But if taking on missions and passengers from other factions in other systems inbound to OoM faction, be careful what you accept. eg the bulk prisoners, bulk protesters, bulk rebels and bulk refugees can contribute to pending states Civil Unrest and Lockdown

pseudomatic
Harmless
Harmless

Postby pseudomatic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:41 am

Ok, great. I'll take a look at those too. From a quick look I don't tend to do many of the missions with an exclamation mark on them anyway, apart from those specific passenger ones and I know to avoid those in our systems anyway.

Thanks.

Return to “General Assembly”