I just realize that OoM is Empire based.

Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: I just realize that OoM is Empire based.

Postby Walter » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Mouse wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Both Slaves and Imperial Slaves are illegal in Azrael

They don't like indentured servants? At least that is what I was led to believe Imperial slaves are (because of debt for specific amounts of time)

Historically, the indentured service system was just as abusive and abused as slavery - but that may be just my spin as opposed to the Empire/Fed PR whitewash.

All forms of slavery are illegal as a default position for any Independent (Democratic) faction - but that doesn't seem to stop them offering missions to smuggle slaves. There's no integrity in ED.

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius

Postby Schmobius » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Walter wrote:
Mouse wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Both Slaves and Imperial Slaves are illegal in Azrael

They don't like indentured servants? At least that is what I was led to believe Imperial slaves are (because of debt for specific amounts of time)

Historically, the indentured service system was just as abusive and abused as slavery - but that may be just my spin as opposed to the Empire/Fed PR whitewash.

All forms of slavery are illegal as a default position for any Independent (Democratic) faction - but that doesn't seem to stop them offering missions to smuggle slaves. There's no integrity in ED.

Factions start with a moral position, but pretty soon, look like this:

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:48 am

Walter wrote: There's no integrity in ED.

That's realism for ya.....

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Mohrgan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mohrgan
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mohrgan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:33 am

Argh. I feel so dirty. I've started taking OoM missions, from Rafferty's Mobius. But, I find myself doing business with those Empire types all too often on the other end. I don;t know if I'll ever get this to wash off.

Walter
Master
Master

Postby Walter » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:55 am

Mohrgan wrote:Argh. I feel so dirty. I've started taking OoM missions, from Rafferty's Mobius. But, I find myself doing business with those Empire types all too often on the other end. I don;t know if I'll ever get this to wash off.

You just have to regard yourself as a subversive, working from within, living among the opposition and using his strengths and weaknesses against him. Sometimes you have to do distasteful things, but usually the worst is simply trading with the enemy.

We've been doing this for a year and have enabled independent democracy to prevail over the Empire in more than two dozen systems.

The greatest victory is to be welcomed at an Empire controlled station as 'Esteemed ally'. There's a difference in being 'Empire-based' and 'based in the Empire'.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:29 am

For me.. I am independant though I do love Imp ships. I go with I was born on Cuebo and that is why I am partial to Ansling and will support her unofficially in small ways. But I do not consider myself a member of the Empire and keep Contacts in both Empire and Federation space. If I get a smuggling mission that is slaves.. I used to not take them, but I noticed that the missions are to systems that don't allow slavery, so I view the mission as not smuggling slaves to new owners illegaly.. but to places to set them free. And I avoid scans because if scanned by law (my idea) the security forces have to return the slaves to the empire... so I failed in freeing them.

SO for me Slave smuggling missions are the Empire version of the Underground Railroad.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Mohrgan
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mohrgan

Postby Mohrgan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:04 pm

Grand use of your imaginations. I will find my way. My previous post was just the affect of 'Culture shock'. Freeing slaves, and illegally too. I'm might come to relish that.

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Mohrgan wrote:Grand use of your imaginations. I will find my way. My previous post was just the affect of 'Culture shock'. Freeing slaves, and illegally too. I'm might come to relish that.

..And, at 3.3K a pop - quite lucrative. ;)

Of course a CMDR with myintegrity wouldn't touch them..!! :shock:

Oh, has anyone seen the CMDR with myintegrity..? anyone..? :P
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:59 pm

Dudley wrote:

I think I saw it at the bottom of a ravine, with bits of Lori's SRV :D
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Walter
Master
Master

Postby Walter » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Dudley wrote:
Mohrgan wrote:Grand use of your imaginations. I will find my way. My previous post was just the affect of 'Culture shock'. Freeing slaves, and illegally too. I'm might come to relish that.

..And, at 3.3K a pop - quite lucrative. ;)

Of course a CMDR with myintegrity wouldn't touch them..!! :shock:

Sorry, Dudley, are you just mocking those many Mobius players who bring RL attitudes into the game (most of them are here because of their respect for other players), or just mocking something you don't understand?

Return to “General Assembly”