Friends call me pargy

zehcoutinho
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: zehcoutinho
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: OoM at ***WAR*** in Exioce!

Postby zehcoutinho » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:17 pm

I was there just now. Found another Cutter.

I engaged it and got it to 68% hull before it rammed me and I had to leave with no shields. I regained shields, went back for it, got it to 4% hull and it killed me with a ramming :shock: I had just used a SCB, I guess it didn't work in time.

I'll go back there later.

JazHaz
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: JazHaz
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JazHaz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:48 pm

I was there this morning, took out a couple of cutters, pythons and smaller ships in my Asp! Great fun, even when I lost my canopy at 4% hull. Closest I ever came to dying except I survived.

Unfortunately I can't play much as I have to wait until my son goes out and I can use his PC. Currently saving up for a new PC, but it may be a while before I can rejoin the fight.
Cmdr JazHaz
aka James Haslam

Founder Pilots Association,

Only flying a Krait Mk.II these days.

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Had several sorties there today, put 5% more on my deadly rank.

H.M. Serenus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Serenus

Postby H.M. Serenus » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Made the final 30 or so % in this war and reached today rank Deadly :D

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:29 pm

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE :D

I've 'solved' my technical issues & will be returning to the war after supper.

- For most of the last week, I was only getting around 18 fps whilst sitting on the pad :(

I tried downgrading my GFX drivers, even going back to a previous restore point, no bloody difference. On the point of giving up, I changed the settings so it was running on my smaller monitor in windowed mode. Still no difference. Then I launched the training mode & VOILA! back to 60 fps again. Difference was, when I went to training, ED ran the 'check PC settings' thing again. So I ran the main game again - and again got the 'check settings' thing - which set to 'ultra' - and everything was fine. So I moved everything back to the main monitor, and fullscreen, and everything was cool again. NO IDEA what caused it all, done nothing major on the rig & made no changes to the game.

Bloody computers!

So, I'll jump on TS & see if anyone is in the waiting room shortly ;)

(But go easy on the expectations huh? I'll be rusty after all this time.)
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Congrats Serenus! :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu

Postby Tifu » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:37 am

Judson wrote:
Tifu wrote:I'm also throwing this question out to everyone, after we win the war should we support one of the two minor factions currently at civil war? Imperials or Democrats? The current reigning faction seems too strong to tackle based on their 59% influence plus I'm sure people have to replenish their credit balances first or resume activities postponed in favor of our war in Exioce.

When this war is over, we have to do OoM missions to increase its % influence and by doing so the consequence is the reduction of the controlling factions influence. Now at first glance, you may think we will have to increase by about 40% but not so. By increasing 20% this will have the effect of reducing the other factions accordingly and get us near to parity with the controlling faction. At or slightly above 'Allied', providing the BGS is working correctly, we should initiate a civil war with them and hopefully take over one of their stations should we succeed.

I'm quoting @Judson 's excellent post again because it seems we're hitting diminishing returns with just destroying ships in Exioce. I noticed that there were many more Order missions at Fort Lawrence last night so I'll be taking those on with my Viper4 tonight. Maybe a two pronged attack will work better in driving our influence up through the threshold.

I know it's not supposed to work this way - not in a state of war - but who knows how the BGS really works now ?

H.M. Serenus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Serenus

Postby H.M. Serenus » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks JohnLuke :)

He Tifu: You may do that of course, but I do not think it will be helpful right now. I suppose M. Brookes knows what he is saying, when he tells us 'only wardeeds count in war-state'. Of course that's just my supposition, but how would you know if you had any influence with doing other missions?

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:24 am

Bad news in Exioce Cmdrs! Order of Mobius have lost a half percentage point of influence on the latest update of the system map. Disappointing to say the least with the valiant efforts of many commanders fighting for the order of Mobius in this war! I implore any and all commanders who are anywhere near ready for serious combat to head to Exioce and help us win this war.

Return to “General Assembly”