https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=215544

Minor faction war ends, no change of outpost/land base ownership for winner
Impact on game: medium
Version Found: PC 2.0.01
Frequency: 100%
Time and date of issue: 19 Dec 2015 after server tick
Commander name: Arnul
Description:

System JAROJINANH: minor faction "The Winged Hussars" won a war but outpost or land base did not change ownership.

The Winged Hussars :: Jarojinanh Advanced & Co
14 Dec (war started) 46,5% - 28,4%
15 Dec 46,5% - 28,4% - no server tick
16 Dec 49,1% - 25,9%
17 Dec 50,9% - 24,1%
18 Dec 54,0% - 21,0%
19 Dec (war ended) 56,8% - 18,8%

So even if we DID manage to get a war started, and won it, looks like nothing happens :(
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: BGS = POS :(

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:22 pm

That's why I and a few others who were running missions have just gone fuck it.....

Let's have some fun.......

When it's fixed.....We'll do something.......Until then......Not worth it.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cmdr Ant Kingsmill
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antony Kingsmill
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Cmdr Ant Kingsmill » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Yep, it's broken (yet again!) in a couple of systems we're working in too.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:07 am

Who be "We"?
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Cmdr Ant Kingsmill
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antony Kingsmill

Postby Cmdr Ant Kingsmill » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:22 am

LionOfNarnia wrote:Who be "We"?

Well that would be telling ;)

Let's just say "we" are in a quiet corner of space, a good 100 - 150ly from Azarel of which we have no quarry :)
Last edited by Cmdr Ant Kingsmill on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:10 am

Well, since the factions are still changing in influence level, you could still run missions. It's just that when you get near the trigger you want, you can stop until they fix the BGS.

What I am bummed about is that this happened a few times before (stations not changing hands as they should), and FD are probably going on, or are on, Xmas break. Maybe some time next year it will be fixed.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:56 am

CMDR Abil Midena wrote:Well, since the factions are still changing in influence level, you could still run missions. It's just that when you get near the trigger you want, you can stop until they fix the BGS.

What I am bummed about is that this happened a few times before (stations not changing hands as they should), and FD are probably going on, or are on, Xmas break. Maybe some time next year it will be fixed.

Why bother with even that the bgs has been a broken mess since like 1.3 and any "patch" or work on it has so far made things less functional.
(I honestly suspect that's when we started guessing it was broken, and that it has never worked)

The bgs and quite frankly the entire mission system doesn't need patching or tweaking but a complete re-imagining and to be developed from scratch.

Patching this mess further is like getting more hands surgically attached to your torso so that you can have more fingers to plug up the holes in the dam...
And the time to build a new dam is NOW. (Well after the holidays )

In fact if that was the only thing done further in season two I would be ok with it.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:41 am

TorTorden wrote:...The bgs and quite frankly the entire mission system doesn't need patching or tweaking but a complete re-imagining and to be developed from scratch...

Yeah, but you know they're not going to do that.

The other problem with missions, as I do them only to push a minor faction (and increase Fed rank as a side effect), is that half of them are broken. As in, 'you can't finish them' broken.

Setting aside how much money or influence you get, these are the broken missions:
1. Rescue Hostage. (Dropped hostages cannot be turned in).
2. Meet POC to find out who to assasinate. (POC never shows up).
3. Rescue downed pilot. (Timer ends early).
4. Smuggle something. (Cops insta show after you hyperspace into a system, no chance to avoid). (Cops spawn on top of you when you drop out of SC near the starport/station).
5. The cool bug where if you transfer cargo (say downed pilot) to your ship and dismiss it, or if it flys away on its own when you get 2KM away, your cargo will probably disappear.

Add this to less missions showing up (they said the bb would spawn new ones more often, but I have not seen that), add in that you are usually only trying to help one faction, and the number of missions you can take is "limited".
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:46 am

No matter what I do all I see is Bacon Cats drop further and further..
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:03 am

SO in Priva Priva Empire Group is at 30 something percent and in control. Bcats and Cartu EMpire Group ( They are trying to expand into Priva) are at war and have been for days.. Bcats have dropped 2 more percent and Cartu raised. A CZ finally spawned so I went into one for the first time. After over an hour of fighting and numerous Cartu dead... nothing has changed.. and because empire controls the only station no CZ bonds >.>
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Return to “General Assembly”