Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Question: being attacked by a member

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:33 am

TorTorden wrote:Videos isn't entirely out, if you have an nvidia gpu you can easily setup to save a recording of the last x minutes with a push of a button.

If you don't have nvidia gpu, there rew many other options and many of the better choices doesnt cost a nickel in software.
It is the age where every kid and their dog is a narcissistic wannabe youtuber after all.
I don't know why but YouTube makes me feel old..

Agreed. I've been using Shadowplay recently and love the simplicity of it. (I used Fraps for several months before switching to Shadowplay). I like having a video buffer running 'just in case', but mostly I like having it so that I can capture amazing things that happen. Such as... a great wingded kill at close range that you want to share with your wingmate later, or when you royally screw up and sit there going.... 'what the hell just happened?'. You can review the video and learn. ;)

Here's a recent discussion regarding video capture software....

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3669
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby charlie2alpha » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:00 am

Well, I do not have an Nvidia since Elite is not the only game I play, I have an AMD. so shadowplay is out of my options. Then, I do know about freeware broadcasters, but:

1. I do not like to broadcast what I do, I do not belong to the young narcissistic group
  2. I do not want to dedicate part of my bandwidth for it

And in the end, I do understand the need for proof but I this whole deal sounds too much to me like "video or it never happened". And I am here to play a game, not record myself. Call it my personal quirk if you want.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:55 am

There is no need to broadcast captured video if you don't want to. You can turn off the broadcast feature on the software and simply store saved video files on your hard drive.

Video is certainly not required to prove that a commander was improperly destroyed. If someone is under attack, I would recommend getting several screenshots to ensure a quick and easy decision by the admins. A few tips: A shot of the other commander's name (obviously), if you can get a shot of him firing on your ship that's very helpful, and it's important to know that you were playing in Mobius group at the time which can be shown with a screenshot of your comms window showing the friends list. Also, a screenshot of any chat dialog between players would be very good to have.

I know it sounds like a lot to remember. I would recommend firing off several screenshots during the encounter and filtering through them later to send the admins the important ones.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Assembly”