Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Antoniius
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Antoniius Totich III
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Question: being attacked by a member

Postby Antoniius » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:03 pm

I am new to Mobius (and partially to ED) and recently joined the provate server Mobius. I would like to take advantage of this post first of all to greet the Mobius people!

Second... i have a question.. yesterday i was auto-docking into Hip 20277 station (Fabian City) in Mobius private server when i got attacked by a Player (have not got his name). I am not wanted in any place (but i am pledged in powerplay, if that matters) so i am wondering if it is "allowed" in the server.

Thanks in advance

Rodgeirr
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rodgeirr

Re: Question: being attacked by a member

Postby Rodgeirr » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Greetings,

I would highly recommend you read this Elite PVE Policy.

But to give you an example here's a snippet:

Policy while playing in the ElitePvE group:

These rules apply while being online in the ElitePvE group.
It isnot allowedto attack another player for any reasonoutsideof Conflict zones. Conflict zones special rules apply.

Hope this helps.

Antoniius
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Antoniius » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Just to check if i understood. In Mobius Private server i should not be attacked by any player, outside the conflict zone. Is that correct?

In the case, what should i do if i get attacked again with no reason?

Rodgeirr
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Rodgeirr

Postby Rodgeirr » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Take a screenshot and send it to theMods.

They'll then confirm what happened and where, and then deal with the problem :)

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Antoniius wrote:Just to check if i understood. In Mobius Private server i should not be attacked by any player, outside the conflict zone. Is that correct?

In the case, what should i do if i get attacked again with no reason?

By another human player, correct. You should not be attacked oustide CZs.
But as you said you are alligned to a PP faction you have to keep in mind that NPCs do keep attacking you, if they (are programmed to ;) ) have a reason.

So you have to double check if it was not the "Environment" attacking you, what would be normal in PvE ;)

Anyway, if you are sure a rule of the group was violated, PM the admins of this site and provide some kind of proof. A screenshot, or even better a video of the event.

Regards
Wolf

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:23 pm

In regards to the "proof" section, I do not think a video is a realistic expectation. I do not record my sessions and I do not think the majority does it either. A screenshot is more realistic as an expectation, but even that implies that the user/gamer knows how to take one! A seasoned E: D player obviously knows, but when I came here and registered I had no clue yet and believed that printscreen would work. Which it doesn't, E: D has it's own key for that, F10. These are just my considerations especially for new members, as I have recently started myself.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:14 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:In regards to the "proof" section, I do not think a video is a realistic expectation. I do not record my sessions and I do not think the majority does it either. A screenshot is more realistic as an expectation, but even that implies that the user/gamer knows how to take one! A seasoned E: D player obviously knows, but when I came here and registered I had no clue yet and believed that printscreen would work. Which it doesn't, E: D has it's own key for that, F10. These are just my considerations especially for new members, as I have recently started myself.

All understandable concerns. Still, Mobius needs some kind of proof. We can't just kick players because somebody else tells us to.
Until Frontier implements better group management tools, this is all we can do.

So far, it has served us well, the few times we needed it. Real rule breakers do not stop with one commander and there was always somebody who had at lest a screenshot (Or the offender, craving attention, couldn't help bragging about it somewhere :roll: ). The other cases turned out to be honest accidents or the reporter realized he was playing in open at the time :)

Regards
Wolf

Antoniius
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Antoniius » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:18 pm

charlie2alpha wrote:In regards to the "proof" section, I do not think a video is a realistic expectation. I do not record my sessions and I do not think the majority does it either. A screenshot is more realistic as an expectation, but even that implies that the user/gamer knows how to take one! A seasoned E: D player obviously knows, but when I came here and registered I had no clue yet and believed that printscreen would work. Which it doesn't, E: D has it's own key for that, F10. These are just my considerations especially for new members, as I have recently started myself.

I completely agree, and thank you for the info about the F10, i did not know that (as you correctly guessed :) )

Antoniius
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Antoniius » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks everyone! the answers were clear and clarified my doubts!

IF that will happen again, i take a screenshot (F10) :)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:14 am

Videos isn't entirely out, if you have an nvidia gpu you can easily setup to save a recording of the last x minutes with a push of a button.

If you don't have nvidia gpu, there rew many other options and many of the better choices doesnt cost a nickel in software.
It is the age where every kid and their dog is a narcissistic wannabe youtuber after all.
I don't know why but YouTube makes me feel old..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “General Assembly”