JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

BB missions for stolen goods....

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Hey guys,

As we all know, the BB at Riff's has been stingy with OoM missions (at least for some of us) lately.

I see a fair number of missions that are looking for stolen commodities. They don't list a system to find it in, like the typical black box or art work recovery missions that are usually a WSS. From what I've read through looking at my friend Google, it seems like most people are not successful at these types of missions. They attempt to find an NPC trade ship and either destroy it to see if the needed cargo was on board, or use hatch limpets to try to break the hatch open and see if they are lucky enough to recover the commodity needed. Mor eoften than not, they give up, frustrated, and let the timer run out.

Anyway... would it work if I see a mission for 'bring me stolen clothing', and I ask another Mobius member to purchase and drop X number of tons of clothing that I could then pick up? Would I be able to turn in for the BB mission? I aasume it would be 'stolen' since I didn't buy it. If it were to work, you could have 2-3 commanders at Riff's each picking up stolen goods missions, then each purchasing the commodity that another pilot needs to fill his mission. Does any of this make sense?

If this would work, that could give us an avenue to complete more BB missions for OoM, while promoting teamwork within our group of supporters. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: BB missions for stolen goods....

Postby AndyB » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:42 pm

I have heard of this working, I can't remember where but i do remember they couldn't get it to work while in a wing as the cargo didn't get flagged as stolen when dropped between wing mates.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:30 pm

So, don't do it as a wing then. Simples!

Between the 'out of game' comms systems we have available, it should be easy enough to co-ordinate.

HOWEVER, I won't be taking part. For one, I only have 2 T cargo space in my 'Enforcer' configuration as the other 2 T is gold to attract the greedy & stupid; and two, I only take 'morally clean' missions.
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:02 pm

AndyB wrote:I have heard of this working, I can't remember where but i do remember they couldn't get it to work while in a wing as the cargo didn't get flagged as stolen when dropped between wing mates.

This is quite right and it works well.

These are some of the most ridiculous missions in the system - among a number of ridiculous missions. It's simply a gameplay mechanism to introduce criminal thrills and skills. Usually they pay so well it would be cheaper to buy a disposable Sidewinder and buy the goods in a clean market. The ludicrous rewards are also unrelated to the required cargo: I expect everyone's seen missions to supply Biowaste, Scrap or Bauxite that must be stolen.

But, like most of the missions requiring illegal activity, it gives the commissioning faction a good boost. This one's also so easy to get round with the help of a friend.

Incidentally, why can't we buy goods from a Black Markets?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Walter wrote:
AndyB wrote:I have heard of this working, I can't remember where but i do remember they couldn't get it to work while in a wing as the cargo didn't get flagged as stolen when dropped between wing mates.

This is quite right and it works well.

These are some of the most ridiculous missions in the system - among a number of ridiculous missions. It's simply a gameplay mechanism to introduce criminal thrills and skills. Usually they pay so well it would be cheaper to buy a disposable Sidewinder and buy the goods in a clean market. The ludicrous rewards are also unrelated to the required cargo: I expect everyone's seen missions to supply Biowaste, Scrap or Bauxite that must be stolen.

But, like most of the missions requiring illegal activity, it gives the commissioning faction a good boost. This one's also so easy to get round with the help of a friend.

Incidentally, why can't we buy goods from a Black Markets?

Does it have any effect of system security? I know smuggling into black markets does, but if you are smuggling for a faction that already controls the station (and system) are there any negative consequences?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Xebeth wrote:Does it have any effect of system security? I know smuggling into black markets does, but if you are smuggling for a faction that already controls the station (and system) are there any negative consequences?

Don't know that anyone's tested for this. Can't see why there would be as these are missions, but who knows?

Return to “General Assembly”