Who should be able to see 'General News and Orders' ?

Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous

Who should be able to see 'General News and Orders'?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:55 pm

Everyone (i.e. those not logged in)
14%
Only those logged in to the main forum
52%
Only those logged in to the main forum and have 'joined' the Order (i.e have clicked the extra button and can see Internal Affairs)
33%

Total votes: 21

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Who should be able to see 'General News and Orders' ?

Postby Xebeth » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:55 pm

So, there has been some discussion as to who should be able to see The Order of Mobius' General News and Orders.

The argument goes that on one hand it should be available to casual supporters who do not want to join the forum, but on the other hand it should be restricted somewhat so that those who wish to undermine our efforts have to jump few a few loops to be able to do so.

Of course there are no restrictions that we can, or would want to, put on those determined enough to do so.

So in keeping of our policy of being lead by our community, this poll is you get your views
Last edited by Xebeth on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sticky removed
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Who should be able to see 'General News and Orders' ?

Postby TorTorden » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:14 pm

I can't see any reason why not anyone should be able to see that post, it is it's only real function, and I would consider more like the reddit threads for standing power play orders, that anyone can see, and this helps them reinforce systems that make CC instead of those who will actually loose them CC.

We will have enough problems having people doing the wrong things, for instance shooting order npc's since they are wanted simply out of ignorance.

Hiding this post with such intel behind a login will only counteract the goal of educating as many players as possible, even those who doesn't play in the mobius group.

Those who wants to undermine our efforts know precisely how to do so, without ever needing to see that thread or those goals since the BGS mechanics are known to all who research them.

So gain from a open thread is virtually unlimited,
the cost, well since those who wants to work against us already know how is nil.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:16 pm

You missed the "None of above"........."Please provide details".....Option....

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:You missed the "None of above"........."Please provide details".....Option....

:)

How do you mean?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:55 pm

Well.........

It's a personal conflict and experience from real life.....

I will support "The Order" and what it represents.....When I can....

But I will not join.......

Same as "The Square"...........(Same principles...Just...yea..)

BUT.....I would like to know if I'm doing the right thing......

BUT...On the other hand.....Would not like everyone else to know what is happening, so they can actively vent their bile against us.......

Then again.......Maybe I should just go to bed and remind myself this is a game.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:05 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Well.........

It's a personal conflict and experience from real life.....

I will support "The Order" and what it represents.....When I can....

But I will not join.......

Same as "The Square"...........(Same principles...Just...yea..)

BUT.....I would like to know if I'm doing the right thing......

BUT...On the other hand.....Would not like everyone else to know what is happening, so they can actively vent their bile against us.......

Then again.......Maybe I should just go to bed and remind myself this is a game.....

About sums it up - is there any any more to know?

Apart from, what's this: "Only those logged in to the main forum and have 'joined' the Order (i.e have clicked the extra button and can see Internal Affairs"'?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:33 am

I have clicked the button but I honestly think Kharma is spending more time running missions in there than I have for the last month :P
Last edited by TorTorden on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:11 am

I want to change my vote because, well, I agree with Kharma (OMG, I know, right?)

We (Mobius Group) are about working WITH people. Blocking it would change that. So, I will change my vote from Logged in and Joined to None of the Above.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:30 am

Question I have is, Order of Mobius and Mobius the group are not the same thing I thought.

Mobius will always be about working with people. The poll I thought was dealing with Order of Mobius General News and Orders, not Mobius (Group) General News.

If it is just for OOM stuff then I vote those logged in, but if it is meaning Mobius as a whole's general stuff than I also change my vote to Everyone
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:51 am

Walter wrote:. . . what's this: "Only those logged in to the main forum and have 'joined' the Order (i.e have clicked the extra button and can see Internal Affairs"'?

I'm still not sure what this means, but perhaps I've not been paying enough attention. Let me try and explain it as I see it (for my benefit as much as any newcomer who may find it confusing).

There are three levels of information:

1 The open forum that anyone can read and that can be searched for in any well-known browser.

2 There is the private forum that only commanders who have signed up to become members of Mobius Group play and this forum can see by logging in. Here they get access to Secret Discussions on how to react to the situation in Azrael and environs.

3 There is the even more private forum for those who have reached Level 2 and who have pressed a certain Extra Button and additionally become members of the Order of Mobius. These commanders get access to Even More Secret Discussions on how to react to the situation in Azrael and environs.

Not to forget the fourth level of this trilogy:
4 Information on the Inara website.

I can't help feeling that either Level 2 or Level 3 is redundant. If you're not an Order of Mobius joiner - like Kharma and me and probably Loriath and others - Level 2 is the only source of information, advice and a place to share experiences. But again, I've probably not been paying enough attention.

I also can't help the uncanny feeling of déjà vu.

Return to “General Assembly”