Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Help needed in Apathaam

Postby Orkekum » Sat May 14, 2016 10:18 pm

plus we are really close to ALD headquarters and leading faction is imperial, so we have ald imp grinders on us too :-)
I am aligned to ALD as well, but for the mobius i do only mobius jobs.

Right now grabbed a minign mission, need 3 tons of platinum, 2.5million later and a mining equipper Cobra mk4, lets see how it goes

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sun May 15, 2016 9:21 am

I have heard guys refer to ALD and or PP as a reason why we're not making more gains on our expansions. Not just in Orkekum's post, but I've heard it a few times over the last 2-3 months and I don't understand the theory. :oops:

Please help me understand how players involved in ALD impact (positively or negatively) the OoM progression.

When I was in PP (with ALD, not that it matters) for about 9-12 months, I worked Crime Sweeps, did undermining in other power's expansion systems, and occasional carried fortification supplies to an ALD control system. I never visited an Empire system just to do BB missions for empire factions, because that has zero impact on my merits for PP.

Since we haven't had an ALD expansion in Azrael, Exioce, or Apathaam, crime sweeps don't apply to us. If (and it's a stretch) someone playing PP for a Fed power decided to use Azrael or Exioce for undermining, they would be attacking ALD transport and security ships in our systems. AFAIK, those ships are not affiliated with any of the minor powers in the system, so undermining should have no impact on our fight to gain power. Sure, if someone is undermining they will kill the occasional wanted ship that is aligned with one of the local factions, but the main reason that player is undermining is for merits so he will be focused on taking down the PP ships.

Apathaam is not affiliated with any PP faction, so there is no reason for a PP player to be in Apathaam at all.

What am I missing here guys? Show the ol' man what he's overseeing, please! :oops:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Sun May 15, 2016 10:25 am

JohnLuke wrote:I have heard guys refer to ALD and or PP as a reason why we're not making more gains on our expansions. Not just in Orkekum's post, but I've heard it a few times over the last 2-3 months and I don't understand the theory. :oops:

Please help me understand how players involved in ALD impact (positively or negatively) the OoM progression.

When I was in PP (with ALD, not that it matters) for about 9-12 months, I worked Crime Sweeps, did undermining in other power's expansion systems, and occasional carried fortification supplies to an ALD control system. I never visited an Empire system just to do BB missions for empire factions, because that has zero impact on my merits for PP.

Since we haven't had an ALD expansion in Azrael, Exioce, or Apathaam, crime sweeps don't apply to us. If (and it's a stretch) someone playing PP for a Fed power decided to use Azrael or Exioce for undermining, they would be attacking ALD transport and security ships in our systems. AFAIK, those ships are not affiliated with any of the minor powers in the system, so undermining should have no impact on our fight to gain power. Sure, if someone is undermining they will kill the occasional wanted ship that is aligned with one of the local factions, but the main reason that player is undermining is for merits so he will be focused on taking down the PP ships.

Apathaam is not affiliated with any PP faction, so there is no reason for a PP player to be in Apathaam at all.

What am I missing here guys? Show the ol' man what he's overseeing, please! :oops:

AS far as i understand, ALD people getb a small bonus working for imperial missions. or atleast grind some imperial rank.
Also wasnt Apathaam exploited by ald?

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun May 15, 2016 11:04 am

Orkekum wrote:AS far as i understand, ALD people getb a small bonus working for imperial missions. or atleast grind some imperial rank.

ALD bonuses are on combat (BH and CZ). I never heard about any bonuses for missions, and I was heavy into PP for some time.

Apathaam is not showing to be influenced by any of the PP factions on the Gal Map this morning. Maybe it was in the past?
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun May 15, 2016 11:39 am

JohnLuke wrote:
Orkekum wrote:AS far as i understand, ALD people getb a small bonus working for imperial missions. or atleast grind some imperial rank.

ALD bonuses are on combat (BH and CZ). I never heard about any bonuses for missions, and I was heavy into PP for some time.

Apathaam is not showing to be influenced by any of the PP factions on the Gal Map this morning. Maybe it was in the past?

It's been quite a while since I PP'd (also for ALD), but I believe JL is correct, the only bonuses are for combat, so in Exioce this could be a factor with ALD supporters using the RESs to farm combat and handing them in too the controlling faction for the bonuses. In Apathaam however there is no real advantage for an ALD supporter to go there that I can see.

It is more likely (IMHO) that an Imperial group (or groups) is opposing us purely because we are independent and should therefore be stopped. No problem with this, if I was an Imperial in the area either playing the BGS or more likely just role-playing my role I'd probably be trying to stop non-Imperial groups expanding, that's just how the game works.

The other possibility is that we are being opposed simply because of who we are, we are not without our enemies and in reality this would be the only real way to have a pop at us.

*Al* wrote:Supposed to be 22k of us...very dissapointed in the east time zone response and my back is killing me.

Is it just the five of us? OoM are getting slaughtered down here and they are laughing at us!

Is this our community?

Tired and dissapointed.

There are a few important things to remember here. Whilst yes 22k people have joined the combined groups, only less than 5k have signed up to this forum, of that <5k only a percentage are regularly active (although more may browse but never log in), of those that are active only a small percentage will have any interest in the faction.

In fact of the total registered users of this forum less than 4% have signed up for the Order, and of that 175 or so people the largest percentage have made less than 10 posts in total, and many have made none, and I know for a fact that many of the signed-up members are off doing other stuff in other places, and will generally only come back for things like wars (although I am sure many would return for a dire emergency).

So in reality, whilst the private group may be huge, the number of regularly active supporters or the Order is actually very small.

And whilst it would be nice to have many hundreds of Commanders driving us to galaxy domination, people are free to do what they want in Mobius, the Order of Mobius and the Mobius private groups are separate things.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Abel Tasman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Abel Tasman

Postby Abel Tasman » Sun May 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Will be later online to help the Order

>> To Cmdr *AL* didnot see your text messages last night till you were gone :/ <<

(Thinking of it, I should login to teamspeak )

Time that FD implement an incoming message sound <sound of BIG BEN>

Judson
Master
Master
CMDR: Judson

Postby Judson » Sun May 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Sorry for my absence, family commitments yesterday. Managed a mission stint earlier before the tick today in Apathaam. Our efforts are paying off up 4% since yesterday! I hope to get more game time from tomorrow. Keep up the good work! :)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Sun May 15, 2016 3:07 pm

This thread; TLDR. in my case 'L' stands for Lazy. I'm going out this afternoon/eve as there's blue sky in south England so I'm going to make the most of it. I'll read through this thread when I get back to suss out where the action is. Last time I got involved I had no voice comms but I do now (got a legible mic on my headset).

Up the Order Of Mobius! To Each Their Own. In Us We Find Ourselves.
"Wibble"

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun May 15, 2016 3:40 pm

*Al* wrote:Supposed to be 22k of us...very dissapointed in the east time zone response and my back is killing me.

Is it just the five of us? OoM are getting slaughtered down here and they are laughing at us!

Is this our community?

Tired and dissapointed.

There are a few important things to remember here. Whilst yes 22k people have joined the combined groups, only less than 5k have signed up to this forum, of that <5k only a percentage are regularly active (although more may browse but never log in), of those that are active only a small percentage will have any interest in the faction.

In fact of the total registered users of this forum less than 4% have signed up for the Order, and of that 175 or so people the largest percentage have made less than 10 posts in total, and many have made none, and I know for a fact that many of the signed-up members are off doing other stuff in other places, and will generally only come back for things like wars (although I am sure many would return for a dire emergency).

So in reality, whilst the private group may be huge, the number of regularly active supporters or the Order is actually very small.

And whilst it would be nice to have many hundreds of Commanders driving us to galaxy domination, people are free to do what they want in Mobius, the Order of Mobius and the Mobius private groups are separate things.[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to explain Xebeth, extra pain at the moment so extra grumpy.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun May 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:This thread; TLDR. in my case 'L' stands for Lazy. I'm going out this afternoon/eve as there's blue sky in south England so I'm going to make the most of it. I'll read through this thread when I get back to suss out where the action is. Last time I got involved I had no voice comms but I do now (got a legible mic on my headset).

Up the Order Of Mobius! To Each Their Own. In Us We Find Ourselves.

NP, course we all have rl commitments. My aged Mothers birthday so no flying.

Return to “General Assembly”