Discussion about the Order of Mobius faction in Elite: Dangerous
H.M. Serenus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Serenus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: OoM at ***WAR*** in Exioce!

Postby H.M. Serenus » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Made 2,1m today and 10,3 since Sunday - I'm staring to like the FDL I bought for our war a tiny little bit :D

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:18 pm

I have to go to work for a few days and you guys have all the fun without me. :)

Sorry to hear about the loss of the Corvette Cmrd Judson. Her hull scrapped my ship many times I will refuse to have marks and dents repaired!
Where are you guys picking up combat bonds missions? I have yet to see any mission for warzone kills yet.

Aeleric
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Aeleric

Postby Aeleric » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:09 pm

Twice, tonight, in the conflict zone, I came across what looked like a stationary missile called an HE Seeker.

Didn't do anything, couldnt destroy it when I targeted it, it didn't move, but everytime I hit the 'target highest threat' button, this damn thing popped up.

Anyone know what it is?

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lanceor » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Aeleric wrote:Twice, tonight, in the conflict zone, I came across what looked like a stationary missile called an HE Seeker.

Didn't do anything, couldnt destroy it when I targeted it, it didn't move, but everytime I hit the 'target highest threat' button, this damn thing popped up.

Anyone know what it is?

I think it's an instancing bug. It happens with other things like enemy ships as well - they're completely indestructible and can't be interacted with in any way, and nobody else can see it either.

That's why I've stopped using the "highest threat" control.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:34 am

OOM is up to 18% influence in Exioce now.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Vespyr
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vespyr

Postby Vespyr » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:15 am

Teamed up with CMDR Selizar and cashed in 800k+ in combat bonds. We each had close calls--Selizar nearly lost power and my canopy got blasted--but we pulled through. I saw my first Cutter up close and personal--a little too close if you ask me. It rammed me head-on and took me down to 64% hull! Luckily, I managed to escape and get back to port before things got ugly. Also, just for the record: despite being a self-proclaimed supporter of the glorious Empire, I hate Imperial Fighters. Annoying little buggers.

Had lots of fun despite being online for a little while. Hopefully I can drop by again sometime during a peak hour and catch more CMDRs out in the battlefield!

EDIT: Typos, blargh.

Masark
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Masark

Postby Masark » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:14 pm

Vespyr wrote:I saw my first Cutter up close and personal--a little too close if you ask me.

My personal preferred tactic for dealing with Cutters is to get up real close (like <500m. Use your boosters to get in that range quickly, then match your velocity carefully to hold distance and avoid collision), keeping above/below them (being in front of them is obviously contraindicated, plant isn't accessible from the rear and the nacelles block it from much of the sides), out of their firing arcs, (use your vertical thrusters to stay there when they try to turn. If you're close enough, you can heave faster than they can rotate) and blow the heck out of their power plant.

I find it highly successful in my Vulture. I usually don't even take meaningful shield hits.

Mister Facepalm
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mister Facepalm

Postby Mister Facepalm » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:08 pm

Did a bit of fighting there today in my FDL with 3 other guys, was a tonne of fun, will definitely come back for more later! :D

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Happy to announce that the CZ near Exioce 3 no longer exists. Wolf, Mobius, charlie2alpha and myself moved to another Hi CZ next to O'Rourke colony.

See you there !
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:56 pm

pargyrak wrote:Happy to announce that the CZ near Exioce 3 no longer exists. Wolf, Mobius, charlie2alpha and myself moved to another Hi CZ next to O'Rourke colony.

See you there !

You guys there now ? Be home in 20 minutes !

Return to “General Assembly”