Alliance
qlock
Novice
Novice
CMDR: qlock
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign "Jaegers"

Postby qlock » Sun May 03, 2015 1:57 pm

From a newcomers perspective, it's been difficult to find good group that gets on at the same time that has a strong leadership/organization. I think this is because there's really not much of a cohesive theme for any built in missions (other than CG) to organize players, leaving it up to the created group to manage it all, which is a huge task with large groups. I think this wears on the people holding that burden and, like all things, they fizzle out.

New players will need to pick up the "scepter" and push on. Who knows, it could reignite some old passions and get everyone playing again. The May update will be the time to strike as everyone, even those that took a break, will be at least checking it out.

InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Inoi Troriak

Postby InoiTroriak » Sun May 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Oups did I started someting bad?
Still I believe I did that for the sake of us all really and I hope you all also see it that way, but to Roger Wilco I fully understand I feel 100% the same I been here since I started playing this game trying real hard to do my best for the Alliance and I am still 200% dedicated to Alliance is why I am in Zaonce now hopefully more will join me there I hope seeing more Jaeger there..
Still I also am 110% Dedicated to Jaegers but again my life well I have also not played games for years but when I play I am here and I am Jaeger pilot / Alliance dedicted until the very end :P

Roger Wilco Jr is right about the broken game mechanic hell I am even wondering how it will turn out in Zaonce but is true SOMETHING NEED TO BE done or else go Federation :roll: NEVER...(damn im already on good turf with FD)
Please guys don't give up but stil everyone is of course free to do what ever they want to of course.. But yes we need a dedicated leader if this has to continue...

Hope seeing u guys in space and hey remember sign up on the friends list in forum..

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Sun May 03, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi all, well when everything went a bit quiet I decided to bring my plans to do a bit of exploring forward, bought and Asp and headed off. Made it about 900ly up from Alioth but have not been on as much so have not become a mega explorer.

Anyway, I am heading back to Alioth so that I am around for whatever comes out of Powerplay for the Alliance.

Some of the best fun I have had in the game has been with fellow Jaegers so I am going nowhere, I just accept that it is an occassional commitment for most members and they are free to do their own thing in between.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon May 04, 2015 12:45 am

InoiTroriak wrote:Oups did I started someting bad?

No worries, mate - I was just venting a bit. I'm just really annoyed that this wing seems to be being avoided by its founder. :?

Anyway, I was in a system about half way between my parked Eagle taxi and Alioth, so I just took my T9 to Alioth and picked up my Vulture. Then I headed to Zaonce, stopping by Natis on the way. I was surprised to see that Wolf 406 Transports (Alliance) is now the controlling faction and the Natis Purple Boys are nothing; however, the system is still an independent anarchy. After about a 330LY round trip, 65-70 jumps, and about 2 hours of game time (at a loss of 8 million credits trading profit), I'm in Zaonce.

I still plan on supporting the Alliance when I can, but I still want go work on my individual ranks. I'd still be happy wing up with any of my Jaegers brothers at any time, but it may not be too practical when I'm out exploring or when trading in my T9. ;)

I have some feelers out to see if we can be more active in supporting the Alliance. I'm just not sure of a "coup d'état" of the Jaegers wing is the way to do it. Stay tuned.
It's time to give this another go.

grumbleweed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Byker

Postby grumbleweed » Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 am

I'm still about, always play in Mobius, but I just don't get to play that much to be honest. I'm holding out for 1.3 for real improvements, as so far there's not much there for a part timer, CGs are a waste of time for me as they stand, and as you say it appears the mission system and background sim is still, wonky, if not broken. I just hope that power play is not just more grindy crap for the unemployed.

InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign

Postby InoiTroriak » Mon May 04, 2015 12:27 pm

qlock wrote:From a newcomers perspective, it's been difficult to find good group that gets on at the same time that has a strong leadership/organization. I think this is because there's really not much of a cohesive theme for any built in missions (other than CG) to organize players, leaving it up to the created group to manage it all, which is a huge task with large groups. I think this wears on the people holding that burden and, like all things, they fizzle out.

New players will need to pick up the "scepter" and push on. Who knows, it could reignite some old passions and get everyone playing again. The May update will be the time to strike as everyone, even those that took a break, will be at least checking it out.

But surely I also agree in that qlock, please guys was not mean that bad :)
Please keep it up have a Smile and remember to GREET in game ;)
No everyone can do as they please are no rules for that.. surely I greet my guys from Jaegers now my friends list is so huge it would take me 15 min to greet everyone before I can even start to play, copy / paste has been my friend lol

InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice

Postby InoiTroriak » Mon May 04, 2015 1:43 pm

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
InoiTroriak wrote:Oups did I started something bad?

No worries, mate - I was just venting a bit. I'm just really annoyed that this wing seems to be being avoided by its founder. :?

Anyway, I was in a system about half way between my parked Eagle taxi and Alioth, so I just took my T9 to Alioth and picked up my Vulture. Then I headed to Zaonce, stopping by Natis on the way. I was surprised to see that Wolf 406 Transports (Alliance) is now the controlling faction and the Natis Purple Boys are nothing; however, the system is still an independent anarchy. After about a 330LY round trip, 65-70 jumps, and about 2 hours of game time (at a loss of 8 million credits trading profit), I'm in Zaonce.

I still plan on supporting the Alliance when I can, but I still want go work on my individual ranks. I'd still be happy wing up with any of my Jaegers brothers at any time, but it may not be too practical when I'm out exploring or when trading in my T9. ;)

I have some feelers out to see if we can be more active in supporting the Alliance. I'm just not sure of a "coup d'état" of the Jaegers wing is the way to do it. Stay tuned.

: :roll: :shock: :ugeek: :D Me to bro,,
And that is what we should Always do if we feel for it,, I know we all have other things to do...
I went the same way bro also saw Wolf 406 has change the controlling faction Purple Boys hmmm.. they been fk busy..
I hope to get on later today after work as I have early schedule all week..

*Zaonce
Hmm yesterday so finally got the EXT point to spawn the big bounty in group play meet 4-5 other Mobius players I imiditalty sent Friend Request
* Denied
* Denied
* Denied
* Denied
is course is not a MUST do so asked politely any reason why you will choose to reject a fellow Mobious? The guy just got rude and choose to ignore hes stupid reply..
Seriously I really do not get the purpose of Mobius anymore? anyway Screw them got plenty of good Mobious Friends, good thing now I I know who NOT to greet in Group play,, still freaking odd..

InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice

Postby InoiTroriak » Mon May 04, 2015 1:45 pm

grumbleweed wrote:I'm still about, always play in Mobius, but I just don't get to play that much to be honest. I'm holding out for 1.3 for real improvements, as so far there's not much there for a part timer, CGs are a waste of time for me as they stand, and as you say it appears the mission system and background sim is still, wonky, if not broken. I just hope that power play is not just more grindy crap for the unemployed.

I hear you bro, but wish ED would start concentrate on social stuff + Alliance issues.. :mrgreen:

Anyway got to correct I wont make it today, just came home and hey good times finally I am getting buyers yahooo
(Guessing the weather makes them come out, good stuff)

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon May 04, 2015 9:22 pm

InoiTroriak wrote:...Seriously I really do not get the purpose of Mobius anymore? ...

The purpose of Mobius is to play the game with other people and to not get ganked & griefed & etc. It's not to become friends with everybody you see. You don't try to make friends with everybody you pass on the street or stand next to at the store, do you? I sure hope not. I'd think the main purpose is cooperative play - such as wings and Jaegers. Or maybe someone you see all the time and like to chat with. But if you are on opposite sides of civilized space, then maybe it doesn't make much sense to be "friends".

That just IMHO, of course. :roll:

Btw, I don't really go for FTL communications, so I won't usually initiate a chat unless I'm in the same system with someone - preferably in the same local space. Instantaneous communications with someone light years away kind of ruins immersion for me.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon May 04, 2015 9:43 pm

I'm wondering if Beast is having health issues that is keeping him away and forcing him into solo play. Or maybe it is related to his Army service - have there been problems on the Russian border? Regardless, for whatever reasons, the ARF is dying on the vine. The question is is what do we want to do about it?

I checked with the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corp, AEDC, a group with hundreds of players that play in open. They confirmed that Beast was liaison between AEDC and ARF. So I was going to join AEDC (http://elitediplomats.com) and check out the current missions and them post them here. They are OK with that and any of us is welcome to join their forum and update missions here. I think it would be best to post individual missions in their own threads in the Alliance Faction forum. When the missions are done we can mark them closed and they will eventually scroll off the bottom (I hope).

So what do you think? Of course, it would all still be voluntary with no official structure - just do what you can, when you can, and wing up with whoever is handy. After some more thought, I suppose it wouldn't be bad to continue on as the ARF, the Mobius Wing of the AEDC - callsign Jaegers. So we can continue using this thread for general conversation, but use the mission threads for specifics about each mission.

Please post your thoughts.

Return to “Alliance”