Alliance
Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign "Jaegers"

Postby Walter » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:55 am

Avago-Earo wrote:I like it. Count me in.

There you go - just the stimulation you needed!

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Beast Tanner
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Beast Tanner » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:19 am

Welcome! I can't wait until they implement the group bounty hunting. Then we can really start arranging some fleet activity. :)

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:53 am

Jockgit64 wrote:It seems that Google translate doesn't know Latin

I think there's a problem finding native speakers.

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice

Postby Beast Tanner » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Walter wrote:
Jockgit64 wrote:It seems that Google translate doesn't know Latin

I think there's a problem finding native speakers.

I still trust Finnish Defence Forces that they got it right. :D

UPDATE:
Everyone who wants to be part of ARF send me some kind of message via in-game comms. Add me as friend and send something. I've got so many friend requests lately that I have no clue which are from "Jaegers" and which are just charging the friendshipdrive. :)

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice

Postby Beast Tanner » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Salutations Jaegers and other Commanders!

Now that the "Wings" update is coming [edited], we could start talking about meeting up and going for some group bounty hunting and other group activities. I play when I can, mostly evenings (GMT+2) so meeting with European players is not so difficult. US players, I try to be online at your times too. :)

When "Wings" go online, I will join the TS if it is possible with Mobius server good, if it is not I will find Jaegers Teamspeak server. From now on the new ARF members are called "Cadets" and "Jaeger" title is ONLY with active members in active squad. Active member is a member that uses most of his/her time for some common Alliance goal.

I would like to know few things before I start to plan group activities:

-Is Open Play and/or WarZone PVP no go or are you guys up for it?
-You guys like races?
-Anyone want to be "Officer" which is just taking in new Cadets and keeping things in order (no bad language in TS etc.)
-Anyone has any ideas to make ARF stronger?

Even with update the point is to have fun, but it might get more active and I will try to arrange fleet activities at least twice per week, if people are interested in that. I, myself, will be active and try to make ARF's structure more strong. I will put up more mission briefings up and people from active squad should follow the mission objectives. Again, relax. It's not so biggie if you cannot come so often or that you want to just "try out this squad".

Any questions you can post here or PM me. I will add you to ARF roster once you have asked me to or stated "count me in!" etc. You can protest this if you see that your name is in the roster for no reason. Roster will be up next week.

Fly Safe, Commanders and remember that Alliance needs YOU!
Last edited by Beast Tanner on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scarstitchez
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Scarstitchez

Postby Scarstitchez » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:29 pm

What are the benefits of being an Alliance pilot over a Fed or Empire pilot? I have not chosen a faction yet so was just curious. I know the Feds and Empire have access to the Clipper and the Dropship? And from readng lore stuff the Alliance has ties with the Feds but no special ships of their own currently. I almost want to just stay neutral and become a sellsword....assisting the highest paying government to assist in their conflicts. Is that a possibility even?

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice

Postby Beast Tanner » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:48 am

That is the way of the Alliance. We fight for ourselves and the union of the Independent systems and Jaegers are special unit in it. We do not have side in between Empire or Feds, though Alliance tends to be more friendly to Federation. I have stayed neutral status even though I have killed many feds in the warzone. We are available for use of Federation or Empire if Alliance so decides and sees it fit. Jaegers on the other side has the "peacekeeping", which means that when we are "neutral" we can help "stabilize" or even flip the systems for right prize or agenda. We can fight forAlliance, Fed, Empire or Independent but Alliance systems are always is our top priority if in system there is some kind of conlict between for example Alliance versus random Independent system.

So if you want to be kind of "merc", I think you would like ARF.
Last edited by Beast Tanner on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Shaftoe
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Jack Shaftoe

Postby Jack Shaftoe » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:40 am

I don't see any immediate in-game benefit for siding with the Alliance (yet), but ideologically I think it's the group I most align with. Instead of a the Imperial caste system, or the Federation heavy-handed governance, the Alliance is more of a "Let our systems rule themselves how they wish, and we will all defend each other in maximizing that self-rule".

Hopefully Frontier will someday flesh out the Alliance a bit more, story-wise. It currently feels a bit like a third party in a political system, or a sort of "none of the above" choice. Suits my character, however, as he's sort of a vagabond type who doesn't like a strong overbearing government looming over him. I'm currently with the Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps (AEDC), and I'm sure we'll be working together in some kind of coordinated goals sometime.

Scarstitchez
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Scarstitchez

Postby Scarstitchez » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:28 am

Well count me in. I am currently running rares a bit longer to finish pimping out my Cobra and earning some extra towards an Asp for deep space. Getting bored with the rares though so may head over and start doing some hunting and missions.

Scaramaus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Scaramaus

Postby Scaramaus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi All,
I would like to join the Jaegers!
I just arrived in Wolf 406 and I'm trying to figure out these conflict zones and how they work. I honstly think I've got some kind of bug, because when I sc to a conflict zone and enter it I can't choose a side. So for now I just started shooting one of the factions, the Wolf 406 FLAG. But I don't get any credits for shooting them. I do see the blue triangle thingy after I destroy a ship, but no money when I get back to base (Hamilton Gateway) Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers, and see you soon in space.
Scaramaus / Maurice

Return to “Alliance”