Alliance
Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign "Jaegers"

Postby Hengest » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Beast Tanner wrote:Newest member is CMDR MillerTheWanderer, in here we know him Miller. Stay vigilant.

Is it possible to add the roster to your first post? That way it could be kept updated and new members can easily add everyone to their list.

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Beast Tanner

Postby Beast Tanner » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Hengest wrote:
Beast Tanner wrote:Newest member is CMDR MillerTheWanderer, in here we know him Miller. Stay vigilant.

Is it possible to add the roster to your first post? That way it could be kept updated and new members can easily add everyone to their list.

Roster can now be found in first post.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:03 am

Arrived in Naitis in my viper running on fumes. The Naitis Purple Boys are at 82% and Wolf 406 Transport are at 10%. It's an anarchy system. I'm allied with one of the platforms. I'm not sure what to do.

So far I've run a couple missions for Wolf 406 Transport as I'm allied with them.

I suppose if I trade, I should trade only with the platform I'm allied with? Will trading with the closer station, even with an Alliance system, support the Naitis Purple Boys? I would have brought the Asp if I was expecting to trade.

Note that you will need a KWS for bounty hunting - I need to pick one up. Does bounty hunting have any local benefit?
It's time to give this another go.

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice

Postby Beast Tanner » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:41 am

It is not 100% sure, but it seems that bounty hunting causes famine and civil unrest to enemy faction and influence boost to "defended" faction, which is the faction you are sided with.

EDIT: Talking about fumes. Did some locan reconing and when came back, the main tank empty and tank showed 0 fuel. :D I know the feeling, brother. Funky.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:05 pm

When you bounty hunt, all the local security vessels turn red. As they are all Purple Boys and it's not "illegal" to kill them, I do. But at 15:1, it can be difficult. Evening up the odds with a wing would help. I didn't see anybody else in Naitis.

So do we expect to overcome their 82% influence? :o

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice

Postby Beast Tanner » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:33 pm

We will.
Remember that they didn't built the Rome in a day, Jaeger. Now Alliance is focusing it's efforts there and we WILL come out of this victorious. It will take time, I give you that.

I will be online today evening, so let's get those bastards! Nobody *krhm* with my Jaegers! Purple Boys are dead to me. Dead. All of 'em.

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:50 pm

I will be around this evening and am looking forward to trying out the wing feature so if anyone sees me then give me a shout.

Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax

Postby Antmax » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:55 pm

I made my way over there last night. checked out the main enemy faction station and the next platform then dropped off my Asp at wolf 406 and kitted out a Vulture. Currently parked at Naitis enemy Ford Dock.

I found there were more missions for our faction at the Ford Dock than at the platform I visited. Will check them all out again because I prefer doing the more shady missions from platforms for the lack of scanners.

Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax

Postby Antmax » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:25 am

Roger Wilko Jr and I gave wings a try. We both thought it was pretty cool. The radio distortion isn't as bad as I had been lead to believe. Seemed reliable and added a lot of atmosphere.

The FSD linkup was pretty cool, you link up and then follow your wingmate a bit like trying to interdict someone. If your close your drive engages automatically and you drop out in the same place. If your lagging behind then you hear some hyperspace interference like a tickling hyperspace sound that tells you your almost there.

We had some niggles with approaching a RES site where if you get close you keep getting pulled back out. Overall I'm quite impressed and imagine that in time or with practice it will get some polish or just become second nature.

I found situational awareness a little bit more tricky after being used to flying alone and occasionally my thrusters and FSD were help back by something. Roger Wilko mentioned something similar too.

Overall I really liked it and for a group of four or less I would definitely recommend in game chat. If you need multiple wings to team up and work together then your obviously going to find one of the third party tools more convenient.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:53 pm

The situation in Naitis has changed quickly. The Purple Boys are on the run. Purple Boys - what a stupid name. They deserve to die just for calling themselves that. :lol:

I went in again this morning for a few hours and didn't see a soul. I ran several missions and did some successful bounty hunting. I even got to kill many Purple Boys, picking them off 1 at a time, but eventually they would gang up and run me off.

Experimenting with wings and voice comms was fun. But with only 2, is could still get pretty hairy pretty fast. Antmax was firing on a Purple Boy and another started attacking him from behind. I peeled that guy off, and while I was taking care of him, several more Purple Boys showed up and started attacking. Before I knew it my shields were down and I was taking damage. So when it's 2 against 10 or 12 you can still get your butt kicked. If we had 4 in the wing, it should go a lot better. I also ran a trade mission to the nearby platform and got a trade dividend for my own trade (unless Antmax did a trade I wasn't aware of).

I've set up team speak, but I think voice comms is the way to go for wings, unless, as Antmax said, we are going to fly more than one wing into combat. Of course, I've never seen more than 2 other commanders. :roll: Anyway, voice comms sound cool with the light sound effects, and there are graphics to display when a wingman is speaking, which will help identify who is speaking. So if someone calls for help, you can instantly see who it was and target them (and their target). Also, being in-game, they are easy. That's just my 2-cents.

Return to “Alliance”