ttrush
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: -RUSH-
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Alliance Response Force - Callsign "Jaegers"

Postby ttrush » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Change in name. It's CMDR "-RUSH-"
Last edited by ttrush on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Antmax wrote:I did quite well with my new viper earlier today. I haven't tried wings yet. I did find a headset that might work for voice chat. Only problem is that there seems to be a press to mute button rather than press to chat. I have 3 puppies and an ancient dog, a wife and a lot of distractions in the house I'd rather not share as background noise lol.

Hey Antmax, I just set up teamspeak, and the voice activation works really well. I turned the TV up really loud and banged the desk and it didn't pick it up, but if I talked in a light voice it had no problem. :)

Hi Rush.
It's time to give this another go.

Scarstitchez
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Scarstitchez

Postby Scarstitchez » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:28 pm

Lol my headset picks up everythign even with the voice activation level set to extremes. My D&D gamers hate it when I play music through my speakers while we game because it is apparently really loud to them so I have to use a push to talk. I have an Afterglow Wireless headset.

Scarstitchez
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Scarstitchez » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:52 pm

I am most likely going to take a few days to a week to do some trading and fund building so that I can get some more upgrades on my ASP as well as put together a dedicated combat ship. I will try out the viper but I did love my cobra so we will see how it goes.

Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax

Postby Antmax » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Thanks for the info Roger WIlko Jr. I was fairly keen on trying the built in chat with the static and situational effects. See how it goes.

I was reading various forums and apparently wear and tear is cheap enough that you can interdict in the Asp now. I'm sticking to the Viper for these conflict zones. Am sorely tempted to get a Vulture but funds would be tight and I'm not sure what kind of earning potential it has being a almost exclusively combat ship. Almost the size of an Asp, 2x class three guns, huge shields and the agility of an Eagle. Maybe if the upcoming ship discount is good enough, I might sell up and give one a twirl.

@ScarStitchez, cool that you play D&D. Sacramento has a couple of meetup groups on meetup.com with 400 - 600 players signed up in each. Most only go to hook up with a group but it's cool. Got a couple of groups of 5 - 8 players that we campaign with locally from time to time. D&D and Pathfinder mostly. Did try that new Star Wars RPG but it wasn't as popular as the D20 based games.

Scarstitchez
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby Scarstitchez » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:30 am

Antmax wrote:@ScarStitchez, cool that you play D&D. Sacramento has a couple of meetup groups on meetup.com with 400 - 600 players signed up in each. Most only go to hook up with a group but it's cool. Got a couple of groups of 5 - 8 players that we campaign with locally from time to time. D&D and Pathfinder mostly. Did try that new Star Wars RPG but it wasn't as popular as the D20 based games.

I play with some guys scattered all over via the roll20.net virtual tabletop. It takes a bit of extra prep depending on how fancy you want your maps and tokens to be but it is pretty awesome and makes it easier to find games and players when you live in a small town or rural area that scorns those who play such games as demonists, satanists and general thugs. I grew up here and I was called those things and worse as I was one of the 3-4 DMs and players in the area. It didnt help that I also liked heavy metal and had hair down to my ass in the late 80s to early 90s. I also was watched closely because this is a football town and I played varsity ball 3 years. Nothing is sacred or safe in a small town especially if you played ball here. High school football players, even after graduating and moving on in small town Texas, live on forever. But yea I have played and or DMd D&D as well as several other rpgs since 1984. Next to fishing it is my other favorite Hobby..:)

ttrush
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: -RUSH-

Postby ttrush » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:10 am

So how do I know when you guys are online so we can do some grouping?

The name is "-RUSH-" if you want to find me. Hyphen before and after.

Beast Tanner
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Beast Tanner

Postby Beast Tanner » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:34 pm

Hello Jaegers,

I have received new commands and now, because few more civil wars are cooking up, you can stay at LHS 2541 and fight the civil war or you follow the new mission briefing. New mission is simple but important for Alliance.

Alliance recalls all Jaeger members to Naitis. Influence differences to the second faction is really small and if we overtake them, we would have perfect F.O.B and bounty hunting grounds. Alliance sees that this system would be essential new element in training new Jaegers and other Alliance fighter elements.

Bounty hunt, mission run or trade between Alliance systems and Naitis. If you need to do rare runs etc, you could do some now and when next fighter operation starts, I really would like to see most of you there. :)

To be clear Jaeger operations in LHS 2541 is over and we can call ourselves victorious.

And welcome again to all new members. Newest member is CMDR MillerTheWanderer, in here we know him Miller. Stay vigilant.

Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax

Postby Antmax » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:44 pm

Excellent news. Will have to check the place out and find a good outfitters to park my Asp.

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Great news about LHS 2541, I think that we can be proud of our efforts there. So off to Naitis again, which was our focus when I first joined ARF.

It would be good if we could do some stuff in wings so maybe we can try that in the Naitis region.

Rush, we mostly just meet up in game so add all of those on the Jaegers roster to your friends list in the game and you'll be sure to find someone, especially now that friends show up on the galactic map.

Return to “Alliance”