Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

A couple ideas

Postby tinnitus » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:03 pm

1. Wake Signal unlike a USS a wake signal will disappear when locked, removed that when doing that increase the distance we can wake scan to anywhere within the no fire zone. Scan a wake signal when in super-cruise it appears that we have that ability then it needs to be fixed - it has been broken for sometime.

2. A 50% power boost button/key - a 50% power boost would be useful in combat, approaching stations, outposts including planets. Harvesting USS and collecting goods using our SRV.

Regards

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: A couple ideas

Postby TorTorden » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:50 pm

Wakes have a short life span.
Got to be fast.

If anything they would stay for too long.
Remember use these to keep hounding traders in PvP game play.

50% power boost ?
Seriously that would be completely balance breaking in any kind of game play.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Expert
Expert

Postby tinnitus » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:01 pm

Fast or not when one locks on to it they should own it - silly thing disappears. But we do have a nice fast scanner available. I like the new USS features I recently dropped inside one with 4 seconds on the clock full of mostly good rare, very rare stuff. Anyway I'm always scanning shit takes me 5 to 10 minutes to clear or enter a landing Pad. Sometimes have to pick your wakes to scan in PVP can get you killed or shot at.

I can set power level in flight sims; well we can sort of do that now I do it many many times not just combat, boost, drop the brakes, landing gear, speed drops a third?, want more drop the scoop. It only takes time until you get use to it after 4 years our judgement is pretty good.

50% power boost ?
Seriously that would be completely balance breaking in any kind of game play.

Really how the fuck does it break any kind of game? Just in case because I did not write it, I'm talking about a button to use 50% PIP Power in Engine. Of course one can bleed of 50% PIP power and not recharge it. Done that for fun hitting a rock or station. hehe
Last edited by tinnitus on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Norwin Palmer
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Norwin Palmer

Postby Norwin Palmer » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:19 am

Why would I want 50% PIP power to engines? I mean when would I use it and what is it designed to achieve?

I thought changing PIPs to engines was the way to trim power output but I never noticed or thought about having 50% charge. Seem like it would not change anything except make me run out of charge faster.

tinnitus
Expert
Expert

Postby tinnitus » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:55 am

Normally boosting we get full power I just thought if we had an option to use less power it may be handy. Oh yeah PIP management plays a big part in power. I know a couple planets my ships heats up when I boost less may solve that problem.? Over Charged sometimes has a price to it.

Actually your comments got me thinking along a different line I can do some of this using what I already have including Voice Attack and a couple key combos should work not as sweet as a controller option but it will do. Cool ty.

Off to the USA see ya later

Return to “General Discussion”